Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new pads & chain for my F3. Any suggestions? THanks!

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
EBC HH brake pads

D.I.D chain - find your number of teeth or teeth needed if you change sprockets.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
+1 on what Jason said.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Do motorcycle brakes squeal when they need to be changed like car brakes??

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
Do motorcycle brakes squeal when they need to be changed like car brakes??
Usually not. The reason car brake squeal is because there is a little metal tab attached to the brake pad called a "squealer" Designers put these on there because the average car owner is either too lazy or too dumb to check their brakes periodically.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
If your bike brakes squeal, just blast some brake cleaner and that will make the noise go away. The squealing is because of too much brake dust. I would recommend EBC HH pads and x-ring chain. I currently have a RK xring and it's doing pretty well after 3k miles. The HH pads made a HUGE difference. Get SS lines too, actually I would get SS lines before upgrading the pads.

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No squeeling here but I just put my bike through state inspection and the guy said they were at the bare minimum. They're the originals (owned the bike previously, sold it to a buddy & just bought it back from him) and are looking pretty thin. My buddy did just replace the front sprocket recently and went down a tooth doing so. How do I know what length to order?

·
VTX1300c rider
1,082 Posts
ed1le said:
No squeeling here but I just put my bike through state inspection and the guy said they were at the bare minimum. They're the originals (owned the bike previously, sold it to a buddy & just bought it back from him) and are looking pretty thin. My buddy did just replace the front sprocket recently and went down a tooth doing so. How do I know what length to order?
1 tooth= 1link
that would be 1 link shorter than stock.
buy a stock length chain and drop a link

·
Registered
140 Posts
The squeeling in cars is from metal to metal contact. Alot of the time they'll squeel even when new. We used anti-seize on the back of the pads to prevent this when I was in automotive school, and I use that stuff on my bike as well. The only time mine squeels now is when the neighbors dogs piss on my rotors and they rust a little. Then it drags a bit. I hate them dogs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Keep in mind that if you get the HH's then your rotors will wear out a lot faster than normal. Thats why I just got the 'regular/stock' EBC's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts