Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's been on the radar in Europe for a few months, if I'm not mistaken. Which I may... still, though, no news on whether or not it'll actually be sold on this side of the pond. It's a gorgeous bike, no doubt, with plenty of sport-touring capability. Definitely a bit more on the "BMW" side than the "FJR1300" side, but still has a lot of flavor of its own. I love the cylinders poking out of the fairings!

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prettiest one they've ever made, but I just can't get past it being named after a clothes dryer. ;-)
I think I have to correct you ever so slightly here, I believe it's named after the native name for Norway... "Norge"
I think I read somewhere the designer was vacationing in Norway, found it pleasant/beautiful, and when he saw a sign with "Norge" in some location, decided to use that...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I think I have to correct you ever so slightly here, I believe it's named after the native name for Norway... "Norge"
I think I read somewhere the designer was vacationing in Norway, found it pleasant/beautiful, and when he saw a sign with "Norge" in some location, decided to use that...
Kinda sorta its actually after thier very first Grand Touring bike. Way back in the mid 20's Carlo Guzzi had come up with this radical design for a motorcycle it was called rear suspension but at the time no one thought it was of any advantage let alone durable to undertake the stresses applied to it. So Carlo's Brother Guesippie took it for a test ride in 1928, From northern Italy to Norway at a time most of the roads were a suggestion and the massive autobahn and freeway system was yet to be constructed no small feat. The bike was nicknamed the norge (italian for norway).

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Interesting bike. How much per pound?
How much it costs or how much it wieghs? Actually I think the Norge has quietly disappeared off thier list of models weather it will get a major update or didn't sell in big enough number to make it worthwhile I don't know. Few secound hand ones kicking around though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts