Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so wanting to move there from Seattle, I really want to move to the suburbs of ABQ.
Would like to ask one question for you guys down there. Is there a Chinese grocery store? Is there Korean food there.
I have been there twice and really want to move there.
From what I know Northern NM doesn't get blazing hot like down where Las Cruces is right? I see Santa Fe and Taos have pretty cold winters but hey its ok as long as the sun is out. I've been in Seattle since 82 and every October get ready for hell of a lot of rain which makes most people cranky here.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
I am so wanting to move there from Seattle, I really want to move to the suburbs of ABQ.
Would like to ask one question for you guys down there. Is there a Chinese grocery store? Is there Korean food there.
In ABQ probably, google that shit.....probably Santa Fe as well, they like to think they are cultured or something over there.

I have been there twice and really want to move there.
From what I know Northern NM doesn't get blazing hot like down where Las Cruces is right?
Depends entirely on elevation, Las Cruses is around 4,400 ABQ is 250 miles north and a little over a mile mean sea level in elevation. So its not as bad, it does get silly hot there in the summmer,

Even then, the summers aren't that bad, they are very very short, so if cooks from maybe late May till mid-July then the monsoons hit. I'd rather deal with Las Cruces at 104 than NYC at 94. Trust me I've done both.

I see Santa Fe and Taos have pretty cold winters but hey its ok as long as the sun is out. I've been in Seattle since 82 and every October get ready for hell of a lot of rain which makes most people cranky here.
Yeah forget rain, unless you on the windward side of the Continental divides its entirely possible to see about 0.1" of rain from September to July, ALL of the rain is mosoon season.

Plus you get used to the heat, 100 isn't anything to get in a lather about, you just have to remember to keep drinking water because its so dry you don't always sweat.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I dread the Pac NW for 7 to 8 months out of the year, the most morbid funeral weather that never ends. I dont know a soul in the southern part of the USA just want to start a new life completely new.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I guess it's different to everybody, we have PNW-like weather during late Autumn in Mexico City, and it's my favorite time of the year. The rain is annoying, but I hate going out when the sun is at full blast.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
I guess it's different to everybody, we have PNW-like weather during late Autumn in Mexico City, and it's my favorite time of the year. The rain is annoying, but I hate going out when the sun is at full blast.
Seattle and Portland tend to clock like 270 or so days of rain/snow a year. Its so damn wet that they have a higher suicide rate than the rest of the US.

In New Mexico when it rained everyone would be outside the bar on the porch watching it, it was that rare.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Seattle and Portland tend to clock like 270 or so days of rain/snow a year. Its so damn wet that they have a higher suicide rate than the rest of the US.
It's not quite that bad. Seattle on average gets 37" of rain per year. Less than a lot of other cities, and the majority of the east coast. Portland is worse than Seattle. What does it is the overcast-ness. It's cloudy on average 201 days per year. When it rains, it's never a downpour. The most I've seen so far has just been what would be considered a light rain on the east coast.

We don't really get snow. Maybe one or 2 days at most. There was one day this winter that I saw people driving with snow on their cars. Those were people that lived outside city limits. Seattle Proper didn't get snow.

Personally, I'll gladly take rain/overcast to 100 degree temps, hurricanes, or snow. It seems like you either love Seattle or hate it. Weather isn't as good as San Diego, but that's ok. San Diego is also way too brown. For me, the nice days make it worth it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
It's not quite that bad. Seattle on average gets 37" of rain per year. Less than a lot of other cities, and the majority of the east coast. Portland is worse than Seattle. What does it is the overcast-ness. It's cloudy on average 201 days per year. When it rains, it's never a downpour. The most I've seen so far has just been what would be considered a light rain on the east coast.

We don't really get snow. Maybe one or 2 days at most. There was one day this winter that I saw people driving with snow on their cars. Those were people that lived outside city limits. Seattle Proper didn't get snow.

Personally, I'll gladly take rain/overcast to 100 degree temps, hurricanes, or snow. It seems like you either love Seattle or hate it. Weather isn't as good as San Diego, but that's ok. San Diego is also way too brown. For me, the nice days make it worth it.

This should get interesting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well having lived 1 hour north of Seattle and now in Santa Fe I will say that you won't find the best Korean food here. The weather is great and even when it's hot its a dry heat so you aren't wet all the time.

We do have some great food here but it tends to be of the southern flavor. When i lived in Albuquerque I really liked it. I prefer Santa Fe because it is not as hot and I can drive 30 minutes from my house and be snowboarding. Albuquerque has some good food but not like Seattle.

You can also drive 30 minutes from Albuquerque and be skiing or you can drive 15 minutes to a tram that takes you to the top of the ski area.

There are also lots of other things to keep you occupied and some great motorcycle roads.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Heat > rainy season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts