Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to extend my hello to you all. I have been lurking for the past couple of weeks and thought it was time to chime in. I took delivery of my new 2005 blue FZ6 June 23rd. So far have ridden her about 500 miles.
I have been riding since 1991 and have owned many bikes. Here's a list of my past (and current) loves for anyone who may be interested:

1978 Suzuki GS550
1977 Suzuki GS 750
1992 Honda Nighthawk 750
2002 Honda Shadow VLX deluxe
2003 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
2004 Kawasaki Ninja EX 250
2004 Harley Davidson XL883
2005 Yamaha FZ6

I have the HD and FZ currently. As you can see the FZ is my first sport bike (I can't really count the EX 250- not really sure why I bought it-I put about 500 miles on it and sold it to a beginner. It's a great beginner bike-I do not believe the FZ6 is).

Let me just say I loooooove this bike!!! The fun factor is way up there. It's light, easy to handle, has good breaks (compared to my HD), and nice ergos. And it's soooooo pretty. Thanks to this forum I have purchased some genmar risers and a givi V46 typecase (blue to match the bike of course).
I'm really glad I found this forum-all the info I need about this bike is either here or in the owners manual.
My thoughts on the bike are this: I come from a cruiser background, so I really appreciate the lightness, handling, and speed that this bike has to offer. I wouldn't be riding a sportbike if I hadn't found the FZ6 because I cannot get used to the aggressive riding position of the true sportbikes (too much weight on the wrists etc). I got back onto my harley last night after spending 5 days on the FZ, and I couldn't believe how heavy, noisy, and low the bike was!! I also noticed how poor the breaks were. It's amazing what you get used to after a awhile. Anyway, I'm not knocking the Harley- in fact I love it. It's a fun little cruiser- I just have never been able to compare it to a sportier ride. I have always wanted 2 bikes that are completely different from each other that I can use for different purposes. I think I finally have that balance. I just have to remember that I can't ride the HD the same way I ride the FZ.
Anyway, thanks for letting me rant, and I have one question if you will indulge me: I have heard many folks talking about gel inserts for the seat (if I were to complain about anything on the bike, oh Lord it would be the seat). Who makes the insert and where can I get it? Does anyone have a link? Thanks!
TF

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Welcome to the board. As for the seats, I might as well say it because it's bound to be coming... SEARCH. :)

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
tattoofizz said:
... oh Lord it would be the seat.
TF
Not another?!? Ooopps sorry. That's another thread... :eek:nfloor

Seriously, welcome to the fray! This is a great community.

To answer your question, there is a thread called 'I be gellin' now' (one of the best title for a thread!!!) which discusses that at length.

In fact, I believe I can find it... YES!

Here it is:
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274667&highlight=gellin'

Congratulations on getting the faster blue FZ6!!!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm filling the roll of dickhead-with-a-reasonable-point on the board this week. :)

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Binary Jay said:
I'm filling the roll of dickhead-with-a-reasonable-point on the board this week. :)
This is different than normal? :lao

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
tattoofizz said:
Hey, thanks everyone. next time I will search first!! :neener
Welcome to the forum, and don't you mind their snobbishness, tattoo. They really are helpful around here but will take every opportunity to give you flak!:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Interest and rich background you are bring with you. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Yes, normally I am the picture of politeness and never point out other peoples' tacky mods and then steal them for my bike or anything like that.

04Fizzer said:
This is different than normal? :lao

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
howdy, and welcome. must be nice to be a big roller with 2 bikes :)
have fun, be safe. :banana

1 - 11 of 11 Posts