Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here from Delaware. Just got a 93 Yamaha FZR 600 in trade for a quad. I have rode street bikes in the past very little compared to most owners do to never having a license to operate one. The bike needs a little work on it. Going for my license this spring. I did read this thread. http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new-riders/354478-want-600-read.html . I didn't choose a 600. The deal just happen to fall in my lap. I'm going to take it easy for the first year. I admit that I will be getting on it straight line wise but no higher then 120. I just have to take my time to get used to it. The last thing I want to do is wreck. Do to not being a daily rider, I'm sure there will be some things that will make me a little nervous till I get used to riding.

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
:welcome2

Reactions: DAKOTADEMON7

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
Well, I want to say it might be because everyone is out riding since the weather is decent, and not stuck at the office like me, but the lack of response might be due to the fact that your first post read kind of like a semi-trolling post... :leaving

Going for my license this spring.

I did read this thread. http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new-riders/354478-want-600-read.html . I didn't choose a 600. The deal just happen to fall in my lap.

I admit that I will be getting on it straight line wise but no higher then 120. I just have to take my time to get used to it.
Just doesn't sound too good, but hopefully everything will turn out well for you :beer

regardless, we are always happy for the new members join and introduce themselves!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No riding here. Very cold. I do own the bike in the pic and I am not a troll. I'm here to read and learn. The more I read on here, the more I want to take it easy riding. Lots of words of wisdom on here. I didn't mean to come off as a troll.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
We've had a troll problem as of late. Good looking bike. Setting a limit of 120 isn't making you any safer. Just remember, it takes 4 times more distance to stop from 40 than 20, 80 than 40, etc. Practice emergency braking in a parking lot OFTEN. Take the MSF. Wear all your gear, all the time. Most wrecks happen near home, and asphalt will grind off your skin even at 20 mph. Learn proper maintenance. Clean and lube your chain every 1000 miles at a minimum. Check your tire pressure often. Learn how to change your oil and bleed your brakes.

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
No riding here. Very cold. I do own the bike in the pic and I am not a troll. I'm here to read and learn. The more I read on here, the more I want to take it easy riding. Lots of words of wisdom on here. I didn't mean to come off as a troll.
No worries ;)

Happy to have you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We've had a troll problem as of late. Good looking bike. Setting a limit of 120 isn't making you any safer. Just remember, it takes 4 times more distance to stop from 40 than 20, 80 than 40, etc. Practice emergency braking in a parking lot OFTEN. Take the MSF. Wear all your gear, all the time. Most wrecks happen near home, and asphalt will grind off your skin even at 20 mph. Learn proper maintenance. Clean and lube your chain every 1000 miles at a minimum. Check your tire pressure often. Learn how to chain your oil and bleed your brakes.
Thanks for the welcome. I don't plan on it to often. I just love the feel of accelerating. I haven't rode in a long time so I'm going to be very mellow at first. I want to have fun on the bike but my main goal is NOT wreck. I'm also NOT looking to get tickets. I know I need to take some time to get a real feel for the bike. I was all good before I came on here. After some of the stuff I've been reading on here, I will be a little bit nervous and will be more careful of how I ride. My body doesn't take the abuse as well as it used to. Lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I may understand what's going on. The pic I used is the same as another members on here. I did use his pic but I now own that same bike.

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
Welcome.

Good info in here. Learn what you can(youtube is good),enjoy your bike, learn your bike & ride safe.

& ATGATT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome.

Good info in here. Learn what you can(youtube is good),enjoy your bike, learn your bike & ride safe.

& ATGATT.
I'm not brand new to riding. I used to ride short trips many times way back on other people's bikes and mine. It has been a real long time not on a bike. I just have to take it easy and get the feel for it again. I have a good bit of time to deal with it. I'm not riding till it stays warm out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts