Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name's Keith. I'm from Northeast PA and I currently ride a 2006 Ninja 500. I'm also getting sick of the winter weather we're having around here...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you get used to it I guess, but every year around this time I get bored with myself since there's not enough snow to go snowmobiling and it's too darn cold to take the bike out. And I'm about 20 minutes outside of Wilkes-Barre in the good old back mountain. Haha.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Well, you get used to it I guess, but every year around this time I get bored with myself since there's not enough snow to go snowmobiling and it's too darn cold to take the bike out. And I'm about 20 minutes outside of Wilkes-Barre in the good old back mountain. Haha.
You're right down the road from me. If you have Facebook, check out the 570riders Facebook page. It's a riding group that meets nearly daily during the warm weather months for rides. It's a real mixed bag too. It's not uncommon to have sportbikes, cruisers, choppers, and adventure bikes... all on the same ride! With that being said, it's also a mixed bag when it comes to squidliness. Generally most everyone wears gear and rides pretty reasonably. However, I always volunteer to ride in the back just in case stupidity is running high that day so that I can just peel off and do my own thing.

Welcome to SBN! :twofinger

hey, I rode year round in Michigan...... :D
I've got a bit over 3,000 miles here since December. Heated gear FTW! :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually joined the 570 forum last year I believe, but I didn't join the Facebook page. My summer kept getting busier by the day and I was never able to get the time to go out for a ride with the group. Hopefully I'll be able to this year though. And I'll admit, I'm not the greatest person on two wheels, but I guess that comes with more riding experience.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I actually joined the 570 forum last year I believe, but I didn't join the Facebook page. My summer kept getting busier by the day and I was never able to get the time to go out for a ride with the group. Hopefully I'll be able to this year though. And I'll admit, I'm not the greatest person on two wheels, but I guess that comes with more riding experience.
The forum is dead. Facebook killed it! Joe still maintains the forum because it's pretty cheap to hold onto the url. Any rides will be posted on Facebook, not the forum.

I'm not the greatest person on two wheels either. The skill level ranges from pretty experienced to very novice riders. Some of the guys up front will fly, but the front guys always wait for the slowest riders at turnoffs and such. As long as you ride your own ride and don't try to keep up with the guy ahead of you (unless you comfortably can, of course) you'll be fine... With that said, if you're not comfortable doing a group ride, wait until you are.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The key to the 570 rides is that no one wants anyone riding over their heads.

Hello from the once beautiful, now flood ravaged, West Pittston.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seems like every year Pittston gets flooded anymore. I wish you and your family/friends a speedy recovery from the damages! Remember, consumer goods can be replaced. Good family and friends are what really matters.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It seems like every year Pittston gets flooded anymore. I wish you and your family/friends a speedy recovery from the damages! Remember, consumer goods can be replaced. Good family and friends are what really matters.
My house was dry. Two houses we seriously considered prior to buying our house were @&$!'d. But thanks for the well-wishes.

There's also a tag-o-rama Facebook page for the 570 group. As long as no one uses a Pepsi truck to place the tag, it's a good way to find new places to ride.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Welcome to SBN. I have a vacation house at Big Bass Lake in Gouldsboro. I typically ride my bike up to the house every weekend in the Summer. Great roads up there, but the deer scare the shit out of me. I had a real close call with a doe 3 years ago. Still beats riding on Long Island. Good luck with the bike.
As for West Pittston, I went over there last year(?) to see the damage right after that massive flood. Saw a lot of damage and everyone near the river had their possessions out to dry. We just went through hell with Sandy storm. The south shore of LI might not recover for a long time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I swear that the deer around here are suicidal. I was driving my truck home not too long ago and a deer was on the side of the road so I slowed down a little. It stared at me then dove into the quarter panel on the truck, bounced off and ran away. Maybe they enjoy the pain...

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
My house was dry. Two houses we seriously considered prior to buying our house were @&$!'d. But thanks for the well-wishes.

There's also a tag-o-rama Facebook page for the 570 group. As long as no one uses a Pepsi truck to place the tag, it's a good way to find new places to ride.
Hahaha! Nice.

Here's the link to the game: http://www.facebook.com/groups/444186888937548/

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Welcome to SBN. I have a vacation house at Big Bass Lake in Gouldsboro. I typically ride my bike up to the house every weekend in the Summer. Great roads up there, but the deer scare the shit out of me. I had a real close call with a doe 3 years ago. Still beats riding on Long Island. Good luck with the bike.
As for West Pittston, I went over there last year(?) to see the damage right after that massive flood. Saw a lot of damage and everyone near the river had their possessions out to dry. We just went through hell with Sandy storm. The south shore of LI might not recover for a long time.
A friend of mine lives in Long Island. I think you guys got it worst. It's strange for a town that's less than one square mile, it sure makes national news a lot more than it should.

This was a block from my house.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts