Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my names Paul, Ive been a long time lurker but I finally decided to register and introduce myself. I started riding a year ago and currently have about 11k miles under my belt. I started on a ninja 250 put about 5k miles on that before getting an R6 which sadly I had to retire after I was hit by a hit and run driver last June. Thanks to this site though I was wearing full gear minus riding pants, so I walked away with no injuries. After that though I got a two-piece which I never ride without. Currently Im riding a Ninja 500r, which Im pretty happy with. Id still consider myself a noob, but I have learned alot and hope to keep learning. Anyways thats me. Cheers guys!
[/IMG]

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's awesome man! I am glad you are ok. I would probably be dead if I hadn't come across this place. Good to see another responsible rider. Not that I'm responsible, but always good to see someone who is. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Very good choice in machine. Good solid bike.

I kinda did the same thing you have. I started on a ninja ja 500 moved to a gsxr 750 then to a ktm duke 2 (640cc) and I can go early say I have become a much better rider because of it.

Keep riding safe brother.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys haha after ridin with full gear for half a year the thought of anything less seems so foreign. As far as why I switched from the R6 to 500r there were two reasons. The main one was that it is simply cheaper to ride. I save about $500 a year on insurance while getting a substantial amount more coverage, and I get about 15 more miles per gallon on average which helps alot since I commute about 100 miles a week to work. The second reason was that while I could definitely handle a 600cc quite well I figured Id become a much better rider if I rode the 500 for like 2 years and did some trackdays on it. Definitely gunna buy myself a nice shiney new 600 as a gradution present in a year and a half!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts