Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Rob, but everyone knows me as "Dice" or "Diceman".
I'm 58 years old, been married for 36 years, with 4 sons, & 7 grand kids. I live in Union, Ky. 20 miles south of Cincinnati, OH.
Retired 30 year truck driver (from 1975-2005 & drove over 2 million miles). Raced motocross in the early 70's on a
250 Yamaha & a 175 Can Am. In 1980 I used a 400 Yamaha street/trail as a down payment on a bass boat (after it was stolen & recovered) & fished bass tournaments in the early 80's.
Played tournament tennis & softball in the late 80's. Coached Little League Baseball the total decade of the 90's.
Was without a motorcycle for 23 years (family & other hobbies & all) and finally bought a 1985 Yamaha Virago 1000 cruiser with 13k in 2003 for $1,000, and started riding again.
Put 5k on it that year, & decided it was too small for me & the wife to take trips on, so bought a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500 F.I. in 2004 for $7,000 with 4k miles.
Customized it with dice & flames graphics (thus the nickname), joined a local motorcycle riding club, and put 60k miles on it leading or tailing at least a hundred group rides,
plus numerous vacations in the mountains of TN, NC, & GA. Totalled it 5-31-09 on some broken road surface in an unmarked bridge construction zone at 55 mph.
Was flown by helicopter to ER in Cincinnati (almost 40 miles away) with a seperated left shoulder, crushed upper chest cartilage, road debris filled right knee, & road rash (stupid non-atgatt rider then - half helmet only)
Spent one week there, then one week in a rehab facility for my knee, plus I was diagnosed as a diabetic (didn't know) and had to learn how to give myself insulin injections,
and learn how to carb count & change my eating habits. Lost 50 pounds since, & no longer need to take insulin injections, as long as I watch my carb (sugar) intake.
Bought a 1994 Honda Pacific Coast 800 v-twin sport tourer in August of 09 for $3,000 off ebay, with 23k miles.
Presently has over 70k miles on it while weekly riding all the best twisty roads here in Ky, plus dozens of trips over the mountain ranges of the south east.
Added highway pegs, GPS, & upgraded the front suspension. The Honda PC was a highly under-rated bike, comfortable, a great commuter with its trunk, & very sporty when kept in it's power zone & the revs up.
My new ride is a Granite Gray 2008 Yamaha FZ1 with performance upgrades of a Yoshi exhaust (minus cat),
PowerCommander3 with custom map, K & N Racing Filter, & Graves Velocity Stacks.
Plus touring windscreen, gel grips & gold levers, frame sliders, tank & cap protectors,
flush mount front blinkers, fender eliminator, integrated smoke rear tailight & blinkers, factory gold wheels
and forks, new tires, new battery, & fresh oil change.....with only 7,000 miles. It's a beast!
I had the stock seat redone, & added a 12v plug & my GPS. Already logged 2,000 miles in the last month on it.
Well, there's my info (long-winded as it was lol!) and I hope to meet & ride with some of you this season.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Hey Dice, on KYSB, I am Shamrock. :)

I live in Corbin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome, guys!
Hope to meet you Shamrock on a KYSB ride or in May at the Gap if you're going.
mango & srt4 in Cov & Butler.....I post my rides where you could meet & hook up on....
Localriders.com. Got one on Sat 20th, & will post another after that for Sat 27th....
so look for those there. Would love to meet & ride with you in the N Ky area.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I may only be there one day. My cousin will be in from Marine boot camp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts