Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everybody.

I've always used this site for finding out information on motorcycles, but I decided to create and account here because I just got my first bike. It's not the super sporty bike I've always dreamed of, as it is a 2002 Suzuki Katana 750cc, but I love my bike and it was very well taken care of by the previous owner.

I haven't had a whole lot of experience on bikes, but when I was 12 I got my first 110cc dirtbike, thats what started the urges to get a crotch rocket, when I was 14 my mom bought a 250cc Suzuki cruiser bike, I rode it everywhere and loved it even though it was sluggish and had a top speed of like 60mph. lol

I just got my Katana last Sunday, and I'm getting my motor cycle endorsement this weekend. I'm extremely excited about everything, and I can't wait to start riding all around Florida, but am I really going to get a lot of hate from other riders? It's my first bike so I don't really wanna get ragged on for it not being a supersport.. and will I be able to keep up with the other bikes?

Also I wanted to know if there is any big events that go on in Florida for crotch rockets, like big groups going down the freeway or something, and would I be able to tag along in something like that having a Katana? or will I just be laughed at. :skeptic

·
Registered
187 Posts
Uh, that bike is more than capable as a first bike. Don't worry about other people. You cannot grow and become an experienced rider unless you go at your own speed. If you are worried about haters don't. Because you will get it from people who think its too big for
You and people who think its too small you can't please everyone so just focus on pleasing yourself. Get some gear and be carefull. Find an experienced group of riders who will let you learn at your own rate and give you nudges In the right direction. You do need to get out of your comfort zone every once in a while but don't push too hard. That's when accidents happen.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
Completely agree with Catog. Screw what others think. Your Kat is more than capable to keep up. Be safe and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts