Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBC Racer-1 Retro red (looks orange in pics but is almost exactly the same color red as my bike)

I can only really compare it to my old Shoei RF800 but this helmet rocks. Venting is superb but a bit noisier than the Shoei, fit is very good, fully removable liner, easy to change shields (not as easy as the Shoei though). Paint and finish is perfect. I ordered this online and was a little worried since KBC doesn't have the name recognition as Shoei/Arai but I am completely satisfied. Price was $242 shipped.

Review: http://helmetharbor.com/streethelmets/helmets/kbc/photo_session_racer_1.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I think that's about the nicest helmet made right now. They make a sweet blue racer 1 too.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I'm curious: does your helmet have any markings to indicate EC or BS testing? Helmet Harbor says this:

"Notice, all the new KBC helmets meet EVERY safety standard on the planet.Ê An extra expense, but yet another indication KBC is pulling out all stops to become a industry leader."

And it's also on the KBC website, but I don't see anything but Snell and DOT on my old VR1.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I love my KBC VR1 Euro...Could use a little less noise. Have tested the helmet myself...(landed headfirst into soft dirt)...brother tested the replacement (lowsided his head right into the street) ...both of us are brain damaged but not from the crashes....Nice choice!!!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
LifeLiberty said:
it is normally listed underneath the liner on the styrofoam. pull the removable liner out to see it.
All I have under there is a Snell sticker and a couple of small inspection stickers. What about you Powder?

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice lid, i've got a atomic blue racer 1, i love it! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts