Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard anything about this bike until I stumbled around the youtube channel from a KTM video someone posted in a thread about engine break in

It's like a cross between a Z1000 and a Ducati Streetfighter. Someone (Soulbreeze) posted this teaser video back in november

Looks sweet. Just spreading the word I suppose. Hope KTM comes to the Americade this year, and brings this.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed, but I haven't seen or heard mention of it anywhere since. Not in magazines, on MCN, or any of the other motorcycle websites.
Just a little shocked, it's a beautiful bike, I figured it'd have had more attention

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Still a few months away, KTM promised someting in "the second half of 2013".

But, as good as it looks, that prototype is FAR from production ready. Just imagine the size of the mufflers needed to quiet down a 1300cc V-Twin!

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Lets see how the 690 does before we get too excited about ktm expanding its street line stateside. Hows the rc8 sales here?

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Lets see how the 690 does before we get too excited about ktm expanding its street line stateside. Hows the rc8 sales here?
The problem with RC8 sales is
a) the cost
b) the availability

Every dealer I know that carries the RC8 carries only one at a time.

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
You're welcome unconnected :p :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought you were referring to my post when I mentioned the new KTM superduke when you were asking about what to buy to replace your Streetfighter. Back to my corner.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're welcome unconnected :p :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought you were referring to my post when I mentioned the new KTM superduke when you were asking about what to buy to replace your Streetfighter. Back to my corner.
Bahaha! :eek:nfloor

I suppose you might've mentioned something about, ohh, maybe exactly this bike..
But thats not important, back in your corner!

How'd I miss that? Too much work to click a link? Ooops

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
This definitely looks closer to production ready:

I think it still needs work to integrate the speedo/headlight, but it also looks as if that was the look they were aiming for.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aside from exhaust, and no stickers or graphics and the addition of a rear fender, doesn't look too different from the unveiling video.
Wild looking

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Yea, a rear cowl on there would really clean it up, too bad they didn't stick with the two exhaust points (one under the seat, one off the side) That looked sexy.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Aside from exhaust, and no stickers or graphics and the addition of a rear fender, doesn't look too different from the unveiling video.
Wild looking
Actually, everything but the frame and engine is different.

Yea, a rear cowl on there would really clean it up, too bad they didn't stick with the two exhaust points (one under the seat, one off the side) That looked sexy.
As I said, noise regulations. I'm pretty sure that even with the stock exhaust it will be a loud bike in the upper RPM range.

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Actually, everything but the frame and engine is different.
I don't know, the tank looks the same, the rear plastic looks the same too, aside from having a passenger seat on it. Headlight has changed and those weird fairings on the side have been added (nvm they were there on the original too). But I mean, on a naked bike, there's not too much you can change. I also don't think the paint is doing the bike any favors.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Rear subframe is different, look at the lower bar, it's straight in the production version... And that makes every single panel in the tail different. The production version also has a seat, instead of a pad of foam, which goes all the way to the tank, eliminating a big piece of plastic that was on the prototype. The tank could be the same, as well as the side plastics. Then there are the wheels, suspension and brakes, cheaper components all around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
~~
Looks like a ton of fun.

Of course, my rookie ass would probably end up in the hospital with that much bike. But I bet I'd be dreaming about it while knocked out on pain meds. :D
~~

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
the wheels, suspension and brakes all look the same to me, minus the epic paintjob on the wheels being gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts