Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea my other lether jacket was flexible, cheap, thin, but was the best I could afford at the time. I put some cash together after a few months and ordered a new one. It came in today.

- 1.3 mm leather(kangaroo, not cow)

* someone please explain the difference between cow leather and kangaroo. I just gave my mom the money and jacket design and she had to pick options without me being there. She picked it because it was "exotic." Extra few bucks but its really heavy and seems like it could withstand alot.

- 2 deep inner pockts, 2 outer
- Back protector(removable), and some in the arms and shoulders.

i went riding after I got it, no wind went up my sleeves or anything and it was about 80 degrees out but it felt like I was riding in a T-shirt or something because I was cool but still protected. Fits well and a great jacket.

Overall, I think I spent my money well.

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Neat jacket. I heard kangaroo is tougher than other leather but I'm not sure how much.. regardless, 1.3mm is nice. Now you just gotta make sure you have a Shoei helmet, Pirelli tires, EBC brakes.. :lol

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Any time you spend money on quality gear, you're doing the right thing! Skin costs much more than 1.3mm leather.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scud said:
Neat jacket. I heard kangaroo is tougher than other leather but I'm not sure how much.. regardless, 1.3mm is nice. Now you just gotta make sure you have a Shoei helmet, Pirelli tires, EBC brakes.. :lol

Ha, I thought of that. im rockin a HJC, Dunlop tires and brembo brakes. :lol

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
Kanga is supposed to be thinner than cow but stronger. That is why Held gloves are popular b/c it is so thin yet offers superior protection (no I don't own a pair and I don't endorse them :)).

I REALLY like the jacket Ca$h, it looks very nice and sturdy. I think you did very well for yourself.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nig about the Kangaroo, i am not 100%, my mom just mentioned to me that is was Kangaroo, so maybe she was wrong? But she made sure to get 1.3mm so it might be cow. I don't much much about kangaroo leather, just going by what I was told. Regardless what it is, it is thicker, heavier, and better in everyway than the one I was using. is there anyway of checking which kind it is?

Also, that back protector isn't removable, but I don't mind it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Somebody who works with leather might be able to tell the difference, I have no idea. I'd just call Nexx and ask :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kangaroo is a little "bouncier".....

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Kangaroo is lighter weight and has better abrasion resistance than cow.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Nice jacket Cash. Do you mind me asking where you got it and how much you paid for it? I have a buddy who's been looking for that same exact jacket.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking jacket

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called NEXX, it's not kangaroo :( Regualr cow leather but oh well

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
thats still a good thickness for leather. looks like its well built

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Thanks for the info Cash. I'll forward it to my buddy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts