Sport Bikes banner

New in Southeast MO (Bernie / Dexter)

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rman2003 
#1 ·
I just picked up my first bike and am planning to get into riding. I've been wanting one for a while and the opportunity finally presented itself.

I had hoped to start with a 250, but I couldn't pass up this '96 ZX6R that I ran across for 1,000 bucks. It was either that, or nothing. Hopefully it doesn't bang me up too badly.

It was salvaged, needing an upper fairing and bracket, and a couple other small parts, but it still runs just fine.

I wasn't too worried about the salvaged title since I'm sure I'll end up dropping it at least once or twice anyway lol.

I'm really looking forward to getting out there, but need to get a few things in order first. I plan on taking the MSF course in Malden, I'm sure it'll be worth the money.

I definitely know I'll need some gear, and I think I've got the helmet covered. Still need at least a jacket and some gloves though.

I haven't seen too many shops around this area, and I know Bootheel Buggies went out of business in Dexter. Is online the only option around here, without having to drive 50 miles? I prefer to spend money locally if possible.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
First off welcome to the site. I have only been a member a short time but I know there are a lot of good people here. Cape has several bike shops, I don't know if that's to far for you to want to drive. If I'm not mistaken there was a kawasaki dealership in Advance, I don't know if they are still open or not. There may be some in Sikeston, maybe someone on here knows.

#4 ·
Hi there rman2003 and welcome to the site! :beer
We are happy to get to know ya and looking forward to riding with you real soon.
Volken

#5 ·
i'm pretty sure the kawi dealer in sikeston/minor is closed
b+b is still there beside wendy's. they did have a new rc51 honda a few years ago. i wish i would have known what i was looking at.

welcome to the site rman.

#6 ·
man if you want to save yourself a fortune shop online i love supporting these local guys but thats not always possible. that said for gear i like wieser motorsports in cape giradeau they are willing to work with you and can order it if they dont have it got my jacket there.

#7 ·
I found newenough.com and have been getting all of my stuff in terms of safety gear from there so far.

Bikebandit.com seems ok for parts, not spectacular but doable. Then again motorcycles seem like they tend to be expensive in general for parts. Especially for some that probably aren't as popular (new) anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.