Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Im new here at SBN.I used to ride FMX and race mx but I sold all my motocross stuff to buy an f4i. Im lovin the sport bikes. :D :D
 

·
I own license2ill
Joined
·
5,679 Posts
welcome to the site. hope you enjoy your stay.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Welcome to the Board!!! :twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
racer_x_606 said:
Hey everyone, Im new here at SBN.I used to ride FMX and race mx but I sold all my motocross stuff to buy an f4i. Im lovin the sport bikes. :D :D

Kewl dude welcome I have a bro that still races mx on the east coast I'm in So Calif sportbike capitol of the world :) IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
stephygee said:
Hello and welcome!
not to get off topic but do you ever ride down south Palomar SD way? I've ridden ACH, Malibu the Rock Store and such we should hook up for a ride sometime.

I have 04 busa and ride most every weekend.

Ray
 

·
El A MC Rider
Joined
·
336 Posts
MoTrFinger said:
not to get off topic but do you ever ride down south Palomar SD way? I've ridden ACH, Malibu the Rock Store and such we should hook up for a ride sometime.

I have 04 busa and ride most every weekend.

Ray
Nope, afraid I haven't been in that direction. I generally stay away from the Crest (lost two guys I know up there http://www.socalsportbikes.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=6156&page=1),
and the Rock Store isn't a favorite with my riding group. Something about the Ducati Boys taking over or some such. :lol

I'm usually riding around El Segundo, Dockweiller Beach, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, or @ SBBN http://socalsportbikes.com/xmb/portal.php Bike Nights (Thursdays) in Lomita and Torrance.

On Fridays and Sundays, I'm usually cruising Crenshaw Blvd., on my way to Magic Johnson's TGI Friday's to hook up with the rest of the biker clubs (http://www.cockyridaz.net/ , http://www.platinumryders.com/ , http://www.ruffryderswestcoast.com/ ,
http://www.steelhorsesmcla.com/ , http://www.totalpackagemc.com/ )

I know my group is heading to San Diego next Spring (yeah, long time away) to have a welcome home BBQ for one of my Marine buds who's in Iraq right now. She rides too, so I think we'll hang in SD for a day or so, then roll back to L.A.

Thanks for the offer tho'....we might hook up sometime for a few turns.
 

·
#1 Gear Nazi
Joined
·
4,748 Posts
MoTrFinger said:
Kewl dude welcome I have a bro that still races mx on the east coast I'm in So Calif sportbike capitol of the world :) IMO
Hahahaha, have you ever left the US? Come over here, you'll see that even SoCal doesn't have anywhere near as many sportbikes as in Italy, Spain, and Germany. Also the roads are better here :twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,767 Posts
welcome aboard, hope you like it here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Hahahaha, have you ever left the US? Come over here, you'll see that even SoCal doesn't have anywhere near as many sportbikes as in Italy, Spain, and Germany. Also the roads are better here :twofinger
ok ok I'm sure its just the sportbike capitol of the USA I'm sure there are many great bikes and bikers outside of us. But keep in mind I did say sport bikes not touring and such and I know europe has many more commuters on bikes than we do but I"m not sure on the Sport Bike part but I will take your word for it. Either way I still prefer to be able to ride year round which is fairly unique to So Calif.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,025 Posts
Am I the only one that noticed that this guy wants to buy a F4i for his first street bike?

It may have been replaced with the 600RR,but it's not a newbie bike even if he did race MX.

Buy the way,welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
stephygee said:
Nope, afraid I haven't been in that direction. I generally stay away from the Crest (lost two guys I know up there http://www.socalsportbikes.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=6156&page=1),
and the Rock Store isn't a favorite with my riding group. Something about the Ducati Boys taking over or some such. :lol

I'm usually riding around El Segundo, Dockweiller Beach, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, or @ SBBN http://socalsportbikes.com/xmb/portal.php Bike Nights (Thursdays) in Lomita and Torrance.

On Fridays and Sundays, I'm usually cruising Crenshaw Blvd., on my way to Magic Johnson's TGI Friday's to hook up with the rest of the biker clubs (http://www.cockyridaz.net/ , http://www.platinumryders.com/ , http://www.ruffryderswestcoast.com/ ,
http://www.steelhorsesmcla.com/ , http://www.totalpackagemc.com/ )

I know my group is heading to San Diego next Spring (yeah, long time away) to have a welcome home BBQ for one of my Marine buds who's in Iraq right now. She rides too, so I think we'll hang in SD for a day or so, then roll back to L.A.

Thanks for the offer tho'....we might hook up sometime for a few turns.

bummer about your friends I knew a guy Toan Tran by meeting once and ACH took him the next weekend. Very sad indeed.

If you are setting up rides let me know I'm down for most anywhere there's turns :)
 

·
El A MC Rider
Joined
·
336 Posts
MoTrFinger said:
bummer about your friends I knew a guy Toan Tran by meeting once and ACH took him the next weekend. Very sad indeed.

If you are setting up rides let me know I'm down for most anywhere there's turns :)
Wow, how freaky. The other guy I was talking about was Toan :eek: . One of the Mayhem Riders (he rode with them, I guess) lives on my street and I heard through the SBBN grapevine what happened. How horrible. I can only imagine what his twin brother and family's going through.

Yeah, it was really bad when Abel died. They shut down L.A. Air Force Base for his memorial service in the promenade. I didn't attend his funeral in New Mexico, but a few of the guys did. It was extremely sad.

[segue]

Okay, I'll keep you in mind for the turns :)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top