Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in the Icon helmet thread, I have been wearing a Scorpion with a built in sun shield for several months and really liked it. Then one day I went out in my Shoei and realized how heavy the Scorpion was. So after a bunch of research I purchased a Shark Speed R on line. I took it out for a first ride yesterday, and so far I am impressed. It's as light as my Shoei and moves air much better than my Scorpion. The visors are both optically very clean. I rode in temps from 80-100F and was comfortable. I will have to wait a few months to evaluate cold weather results.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice lid. I've thought about buying a Shark helmet. How much did it cost?
$439 at Revzilla, free shipping, and some Zilla Bucks I had for some tires I bought brought it down to 409. The solid colors were a bit cheaper but the on line prices were all pretty close.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I recently went to this helmet from the shark RSI. Eventhough I was told so, the fit of the speed R is not the same as the RSI. The speed R is definitely more round than the RSI which is long oval. Which sucks because that means Arai has the monopoly on a helmet that really fits me.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
check out the AGV line of helmets. I just nabbed a GP tech and it fits me similarly to the RSI I had been using.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a AGV k3, I really liked the helmet it feel really small, no bobble head but it gave me a hotspot on the forehead so I returned it. Maybe Ill go try a size up and see how that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts