Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just got a shoei x11 and when I wear it my head hurts...now I have a headache.

Is this normal? I measured my head beforehand and it's a medium.

Thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
How long do you have to wear it before you get a headache and how much have you ridden with it?

Hopefully the lid just needs to break in a little bit more. On the other hand, it's very possible that Shoei helmets just don't fit your head shape. Neither the RF-1000 or X-11 fit me correctly. Sizing charts can't predict how the helmet fits the shape of your head and that is the reason everyone says how important it is to try on helmets before you buy them.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Dig around inside the lid to see what size it really is.I bought a Shoei ZII once that was a different size than what the box said it was.If I remember corectly,you ordered this didn't you.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I ordered it and I wear it only a few minutes before it starts to hurt.

and I haven't ridden with it yet, just around the house since I don't have a bike yet.

before I ordered it, I did try on an x11 at the local dealership... and felt fine.

I will check the size like you said thanks!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Maybe it's like scud said,your head is just the wrong shape for the Shoei.Go try on some of the Arie's as soon as you can and maybe you can exchange it,or try a different style of Shoei.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sad to say but I think you are right... I had a shoei a couple years ago and it too was sore.

then I got an arai and it fit perfectly.

problem is the arai's cost too much

guess I better trade it in anyway. darn.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your help everyone... you guys are awesome!

anyway gonna send it back to ridegear.com

problem is, my MSF class starts June 5th so I need a new helmet very soon.

what do you think I should get?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
What we think is no matter,it's what feels best on you so you'll always wear it.

The arai worked before and shouldn't be that much more than the X11,they are pretty spendy.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes that's what I was thinking.

man curse my head shape!

I'll post an update later ...thank goodness ridegear has great customer service

great return policy :D

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, doesnt Arai have 3 shell shapes......Quantum (for round noogins) Rx7 (for inbetween)
& Signet for Oval.

Oops forgot the Astral model, not sure on this one tho?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not sure what you paid for the Shoei, but there is a place that sells Arais online for $360 shipped to Hawaii. These are the corsair w/ graphics. PM me if you want more info.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay I gave it one last try to see if it was my imagination...I wore it with the strap for about 12 minutes and got another headache!

Feels like my head is in a vise. Back to ridegear you go x11 :(

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Where is the pain? If it's on your forehead you might look into trying on an Arai Signet. Or is it the sides? You really should try on a bunch of different helmets.

I don't understand why it didn't hurt in the store when you tried it on. Did you leave it on for long? Was it a b***** size?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Sucks to here MT...you should have worn it a little bit longer in the store first. Good to hear ridegear.com does a good policy on returns.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
the pain is actually at my temples...feels like a damn vise!

I didn't put the chin strap when I tried it on, when I put on the strap it hurts in my left temple bad

thanks for the recomendation I will try that arai on

Yeah Rascus that ridegear place is pretty good, I don't think i'll have any problem returning it its still in excellent shape

1 - 16 of 16 Posts