Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all im new here and this is my first time posting.So i guess i will post with the typical newbie questions for awhile lol.Well here goes my question.Im interested in two bikes.One is a hayabusa and the other is a
gixxer 1000.I have ridden before and also rode dirt bikes growing up so im pretty familiar with the respect bikes deserve.I have a friend that keeps trying to talk me into a gixxer 750.He is into the knee dragging thing.But im more of getting with some friend and cruising on the weekend and what not.He continues to try and talk me out of a busa and recommends the 750 or 1000.I have riden the the 1000 and after a period of time my wrist begin to start hurting.So i feel they are not good for long days riding.On the other hand the busa felt like i could have rode forever lol. What i want to know is there anything i would benefit over the other.I was thinking that over time i could get use to the wrist thing.Or maybe lower it so that i could take some weight off my wrist.Thats my thought on the 1000.And for the busa i know the weight of these bikes are a big thing in a sense.Which bike do you guys/gals recommend from ya'll experience

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Maybe you should try a 10 speed? Welcome to SBN!

First of all-wear your gear and it wont hurt your wrist so much (gloves)

Second-these are Sportbikes-not Harleys or cruisers-expect some pain in the wrist, ass and back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naw im just trying to get some help before buy something then wishing i had gotten something else thats all.Like i said im new and would love to get as much info before biting the bullet that is all.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
i dont know 35 year old, possibly more responsible then most beginners, but not good enough for those bikes.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Between the two, and only the two.... maybe a busa.

You will have comfort, maybe do some longer rides, and you may fare better on it then the 1000.

What about the Suzuki 750 in all black? You can trade the sticker for 1000's and just convince yourself that is what it is and then ride it in Mode C.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Between the two, and only the two.... maybe a busa.

You will have comfort, maybe do some longer rides, and you may fare better on it then the 1000.

What about the Suzuki 750 in all black? You can trade the sticker for 1000's and just convince yourself that is what it is and then ride it in Mode C.
whats that?

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Hello all im new here and this is my first time posting.So i guess i will post with the typical newbie questions for awhile lol.Well here goes my question.Im interested in two bikes.One is a hayabusa and the other is a
gixxer 1000.I have ridden before and also rode dirt bikes growing up so im pretty familiar with the respect bikes deserve.I have a friend that keeps trying to talk me into a gixxer 750.He is into the knee dragging thing.But im more of getting with some friend and cruising on the weekend and what not.He continues to try and talk me out of a busa and recommends the 750 or 1000.I have riden the the 1000 and after a period of time my wrist begin to start hurting.So i feel they are not good for long days riding.On the other hand the busa felt like i could have rode forever lol. What i want to know is there anything i would benefit over the other.I was thinking that over time i could get use to the wrist thing.Or maybe lower it so that i could take some weight off my wrist.Thats my thought on the 1000.And for the busa i know the weight of these bikes are a big thing in a sense.Which bike do you guys/gals recommend from ya'll experience
If you're mostly just into "getting with friends and cruising on the weekends" why does it matter whether it's a Gix 750 or 1000. Both are basically street legal race bikes with practically the same ergonomics and neither are really made for cruisin. The Busa is just as fast if not faster than the GSXR1000 in a straight line and will be a little more comfortable. But to be honest it sounds like all of them are too much bike for you judging by your experience level. Respecting the bike only gets you so far. Rider error has to do with experience not respect and any mistakes you may make will only be amplified on powerful unforgiving bikes. But all this has been said before.

But if you must have one or the other the Busa may be a fractionally better choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts