Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but not new to sbn or riding. i just moved to fort collins, i like it here. i'm working at a bmw shop as a tech, its a blast. i stopped riding on the street last year, i just race now. any racers here?

·
Registered
508 Posts
i also just moved to foco well been here about 11 months. i came from fl. where u from? i love hitting the track, always looking for someone to go with.

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i also just moved to foco well been here about 11 months. i came from fl. where u from? i love hitting the track, always looking for someone to go with.
i was in phoenix for a couple years but i'm originally from south dakota. what track do you go to? i'm still planning on racing where i was racing before, in new mexico but i'd like to get on more tracks

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
you need to make out here to HPT - it's about 30 minutes away form me and you can stay at my place while your here....

HPT

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need to make out here to HPT - it's about 30 minutes away form me and you can stay at my place while your here....

HPT
sounds good clay! i'm gonna buy a new truck before the end of the year, thats gonna open up a lot more options as far as travel.

·
Registered
508 Posts
since i moved here i havent done any real trackdays. i usually go to imi. its a gokart track btu they aloow motorcycles on it. its 30 min away, 35 bucks to ride all day. its a tight course 1 mile and like 12 turns. you wont get above 90 but you can drag a knee in eevery turn. all the real tracks are at least 3 hours from foco. its hard to motivate myself to drive that far, pay all the gas etc etc all by my self. in fl i use to hit jennigns which is a badass motorcycle only track.

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since i moved here i havent done any real trackdays. i usually go to imi. its a gokart track btu they aloow motorcycles on it. its 30 min away, 35 bucks to ride all day. its a tight course 1 mile and like 12 turns. you wont get above 90 but you can drag a knee in eevery turn. all the real tracks are at least 3 hours from foco. its hard to motivate myself to drive that far, pay all the gas etc etc all by my self. in fl i use to hit jennigns which is a badass motorcycle only track.
well i plan on doing lots of track time, i'll be getting a new truck before the end of the year. your more than welcome to ride along, split the bills. and i've watched the video from imi, not much runoff.

·
Registered
508 Posts
well i plan on doing lots of track time, i'll be getting a new truck before the end of the year. your more than welcome to ride along, split the bills. and i've watched the video from imi, not much runoff.
true, but you also dont get much speed out there. im all about safety too. top speed is 90 on the one straight. anyway im down to go to some real tracks and split the bills. tahts how i use to do it with a friend of mine until i moved. now im rolling dolo. imi is jsut soo convenient, fun, and cheap. we should meet soemday. check out each others bikes and shoot the shit. fort collins dam small. ive probabbly seen you like 10 times already and just didnt know it ws you.

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, for the amount of people this town has it really does feel like it. supposedly 130,000 people here but it feels like 50,000. anyways, i'm not gonna have my bike back until september, i left it in phoenix for the move up here. i'm going to get it then.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i use to hit jennigns which is a badass motorcycle only track.
yep i've been to Jennings and it is a blast - i made the mistake and went in august - hot as hell and gnats where everywhere andi do mean everywhere :eek:nfloor

here's a couple pics to make you home sick :neener

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
We've got a fairly new track here in Hastings, Ne. Some people seem to enjoy it and I know there's quite a few Colorado guys that come down a couple times a year. I can't quite remember what racing group they're with....Might me MRA???

Here's the website. Motorsport Park Hastings

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, kind of off subject, but should you guys decide to ride off the track sometime, Justin and myself were on road that went out behind "horse tooth lake". Great riding, awesome scenery, and I think it probably would have went as far as we'd have wanted to go. Don't remember the highway #, but maybe Justin will remember and post it up. Just a thought.

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, kind of off subject, but should you guys decide to ride off the track sometime, Justin and myself were on road that went out behind "horse tooth lake". Great riding, awesome scenery, and I think it probably would have went as far as we'd have wanted to go. Don't remember the highway #, but maybe Justin will remember and post it up. Just a thought.
i drove my truck up there a few days ago, really nice area. unfortunatley my bike isn't street legal or i'd definitly go ride up there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts