Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going everyone...Im new to the sport bike community...My name is jason and im 24 from delaware. Ive been reading on here the past couple days, and been learining some stuff, sooo thanks! Anyway, I took the MSF last october, and waited till now to get my bike, i know i know, i shouldnt have gotten a new 600, but hey its what i wanted and i feel im mature and responsible enough at this point in my life to own one, tahts why i waited till i was 24 :) hopefully ill be gettin better at riding and can go out with my dad..He rides a 03 busa,00 cbr xx, and a 97 cbr 1000. Im still workin on learning teh bike, Ive only put 29 miles on it, and thats alot of parking lot and driving around my block lol...takes a long time to put that many miles on a bike, driving in small circles lol...anyway...hopefully another 100 or so miles ill get out onto some b***** roads etc etc...heres my bike :) oh yeah, and of course I have a helmet,jacket and gloves...no boots yet, im not sure how ill like them since i wear a size 14, and they are kinda big, i wear reg boots now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome and have fun. :flipa

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Welcome... have fun and be safe!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Nice to see your from De, i live on main street, newark now if your tryin to party tonight im havin one. Feel free to PM me and ill give oyu more details. Im 21 and if you like girls in teh range of 18-22 i could be some help to ya! HAha but yea be safe with that new bike

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
a 1997 CBR 1000? Am I just completely misinformed about CBRS? Or is he talking about the 900/929?

Also, you got a decent bike there, but like you even said yourself, you got what you wanted and it didn't really matter what people told you. Just be careful, do some reading on riding, I highly suggest you order two books by Keith Code "Twist Of The Wrist" and "Twist of The Wrist 2" they will help you a great deal, and it's only $30.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and stay safe, :twofinger welcome abord :twofinger

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
:twofinger welcome to SBN :twofinger tell your dad his garage is too crowded. I'll take one of his bikes to help him out if he wants. :headbang

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Greetings :twofinger

That is a gorgeous bike and don't worry about the boots, I wear a size 14 as well, which translates to about a size 13 for most boots it seems.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hyabusa said:
Nice to see your from De, i live on main street, newark now if your tryin to party tonight im havin one. Feel free to PM me and ill give oyu more details. Im 21 and if you like girls in teh range of 18-22 i could be some help to ya! HAha but yea be safe with that new bike
See what getting a sportbike has gotten you into. Not only are people you probably never met before going to wanna talk / hangout with you but they are gonna hook you up with girls too :leghump.

It's awsome :headbang . If the world as much comrodary as bikers it'd be a much better place.

Congrats on the new bike and stay safe.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
I too live in DE, I'm in Middletown, just picked up my F4i the other day, its a blast. Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice bike, congrat's and welcome aboard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well...then maybe a 96?? lol...i dont really remember...and since its the oldest one...not soo "cool" anymore...lol...im only 5'11 with a 14...I was just checkin back in...got about 500 miles on the bike now :) its great...sitll glad i waited to get one...def woulda done something really stupid before...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts