Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ducati-less
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just signed up to get info about a possible bike purchase so I thought I'd do a proper intro here. I'm kind of a forum junkie and always look to forums for my research.

I've ridden some sort of motorcycle since I was 5 and my latest was a '92 GSX-R750. For those that remember, it was the year with the pink and blue stripes... yup... I had pink stripes on my bike. :boink :D

I rode that bike everywhere including Keith Code's racing class at Willow Springs. Fun stuff. Highly recommended. I never dragged a knee but had fun. I had it for about 5 years and sold it to get LASIK. I've regretted selling it quite a bit since. It was a great bike. I haven't had a bike since, but have ridden a few times on rented Harleys or friend's bikes. Wife and two kids make it hard to get away. :)

If I could have any bike today, it'd be a Ducati 1098/ 999/ 998, Honda RC51, Suzuki TL1000 etc. I love the sound they make and torque is always fun, when respected.

Well, that's my story.....

All the best.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Welcome to SBN!! Don't count out the SV1000S. Think of it as a somewhat civilized TL. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome, Don't worry about your sold bike to get Lasik, think of it this way, now you won't have to worry with glasses or contacts when you are on the track:) Stay safe and good luck with finding a bike

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Hi and :welcome DV!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to SBN..enjoy the site.

·
Ducati-less
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to believe it's been 2.5 years since I first posted here about looking for a bike....

For those interested, I finally bought one. Now if I could just get my kids off it so I could ride. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts