Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I hope I can learn a lot on this site. I just bought a 2002 f4i about 2 weeks ago and I've been riding like crazy on the few good weather days we've had here in Kentucky. I rode about 6-7 hours yesterday, and had a blast. I'm in love with this bike. I've had dirtbikes before and didn't have any trouble picking up this bike and riding it. I've still got loooots to learn though and I'm sure it'll be a while before I get a knee down ;) I'm riding full gear (cortech + reevu helmet) trying to be as safe as possible. The Reevu helmet is sooo good and the cortech seems pretty good too, except for the zippers. Looking forward to learning more! I've put Woodcraft frame sliders, an alarm, and a handmade GPS mount on this bike already. I'll have HIDs ASAP too :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Welcome Theadamie! What part of Kentucky you in? I used to live in Paducah

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Crap man, you are gonna be ON TOP of NCM moto park! Trackdays!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA, I didn't realize you were talking about that! It's less than 3 minutes from our house "parent's house"... Sometimes our house is in the aerial photos actually.... Probably gonna drive our house's value down. My parent's are thinking about converting the upstairs to a bed and breakfast for people visiting the track. I'm staying at my cousin's now because my girlfriend of 3 years came back with me from Japan and it would have been awkward at home, but I'm still less than 15 minutes away. Are they really gonna let bikes onto the track?? If so I completely change my mind about them building this :DD

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just found this on the website "All Cars, Motorcycles and Automotive Clubs are Welcome

All makes of cars (with some restrictions), car clubs and related events are welcome to use the Motorsports Park. Whether your car is completely stock or highly modified, as long as track and event rules are followed, you are eligible to start your driving adventure. The safety of everyone is the top priority."

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!! I'll never move away. I can't wait to have access to a track *tears of joy*

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Yes, Sportbike Tracktime has 2 events scheduled for 2015.

Walt said:
Unofficial / tentative track day schedule so far - subject to change…

Midwest Café Racers 10/25-26/14

Midwest Track Days 5/2-3/15
Sportbike Track Time 5/23-24/15
Sportbike track Time 7/25-26/15
Sprotbike Track Time 8/22-23/15
Midwest Track Days 9/12-13/15

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yes, Sportbike Tracktime has 2 events scheduled for 2015.
Wait, only 2 events for the whole year? :/ Or is that just what's been scheduled so far? That looks like 3 events to me, kind of confused.

When is the park supposed to open? I thought it was sooner than 2015 for some reason.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
One isn't really confirmed, it's just a tentative schedule.

You have midwest, and then car clubs scheduled. It's gonna be busy.

Track opens Labor Day. Midwest Cafe Racers has one on Oct. 25-26

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Corbin. Just go East all the way to I 75.
That's probably a pretty good place to ride, BG is kind of flat. I used to live in Clinton County when I was a kid and that area has a lot of hairpin turns.

I'm thinking about taking a crazy trip on spring break. Have you ever tried to take a crazy path to Florida? I'm thinking about trying to plan something through the Cherohala Skyway and any other mountainous paths, maybe even going to the east coast and riding south right against it. I'll go with my lady so I'm not sure how that will work yet.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Yeah, roughly 10 miles and I am on some really good roads.

Not really. I can't be away from my medicine that long, with my Cystic Fibrosis and stuff.

But I usually trailer my bike to Deal's Gap, and ride that area.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, roughly 10 miles and I am on some really good roads.

Not really. I can't be away from my medicine that long, with my Cystic Fibrosis and stuff.

But I usually trailer my bike to Deal's Gap, and ride that area.
What kind of medicine do you need? Just oxygen tanks? If it is just the oxygen tanks couldn't you make some kind of backpack set up? Sorry, I don't know too much about CF...

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
A lot. Albuterol (nebulizer, not inhaler), Tobi, Creon 24 (for digestion), and some other meds. It can't be carried in a backpack.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts