Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo all, my name is Greg. I am 23 Started out on a 1990 suzuki vx800 that i bought as a basket case and rebuilt and road. I bought a sportster and sold it now looking around to see what kind of sportbike i want. Got my basic idea of used and 600cc. Don't care about being the fastest or the best. Looking to commute and cruise with friends. Maybe see some dragstrip time (not sure on this yet). Joined the forum for some info and maybe meets some new cool people on here to talk about motorcycles. Have a awesome day.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Sport bikes aren't the greatest dragstrip toys - not nearly enough wheelbase - but it can be a fun time. Those who are serious about it end up with stretched swingarms, so you might want to check out what's available there, and pick a bike that will accommodate one. Not sure if they are made for 600s or just for the liter bikes.

You can start with the Brocks site for more drag info, though they are definitely serious about it and generally confine themselves to 'Busas and ZX-14s.

Enjoy!

KeS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't be a serious drag bike. I don't want to stretch it just want to play around because there are no road courses here. It will be 98% street use and commuting. Thanks for the advice :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts