Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I havent done much to my bike since I got it, had lots planned but the fires up here have alot of us out of work...

So far...

HID Low beams from Hidsrus.com - 10,000ks, had to drill 2 holes to run the wires from the HID wiring harness through the OEM light cap. Other then that fit pretty decently and has left it as close to OEM as I could get it. between the HIDs and adjusting the headlight vertically it has made a world of difference in my night rides.

New white lights on either side of the headlights, I guess their marker light or position lights. I didnt like the look of the yellowed lights on either side of my HIDs so I replaced the bulbs with some Extreme white bulbs from PIAA, they are the 168 bulb type and they also make them in extreme LED, but I went the cheaper route for now.

Amazon.com: PIAA 19172 168 Xtreme White Wedge Bulb - 2 Piece: Automotive

Other then that I just received a sheepskin buttpad from alaskan leather that with the small amount of testing ive put it through has added alot of long distance comfort to my seat :)

Planned mods..

Touring windscreen, peg repositioning (I'm 6'5"), Two Brothers M2 Black series exhaust, flush mount signals, fender eliminator, LED tail light with built in indicators, CF tire hugger in the rear.

I personally think the bike is to busy in the rear end, other then that I love the looks, I figure an eliminator and new tail light will fix most of that, and the tire hugger will keep the road dirt where its supose to be....

Parts for these bikes are a major PITA to source here in canada, if anyone knows of a decent place to get any of my listed planned mods let me know =)

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is a nice list of done and to do mods.

I would like to know how the m exhaust sounds on the 650F, as well as how the tail lights with built-in indicators look.

Keep us posted on your mod progress.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well added some blue led lights inplace of the recently changed white side lights, I liked the look of it with the HIDs.

Also got an LED replacement 1157 bulb for the tail light that added some brightness.

Both sets of bulbs I got from canadian tire for under $20 total. ill be posting some pictures soon, been a little camera lazy lately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For flushmount lights im looking at these

Flush

Not sure if I like the look of them but the price is great.

as for undertail I think ill end up going with...

Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit for GSX650F Bandit 07-11 - Fender Eliminator - Solo Moto Parts

Looks decent in the photo and if I can get ahold of the single tail light/turn signal bit should look great. Only thing I dont like is the amount of cutting and the reviews saying the instructions sucked.

This looks like a decent price and decent place to get the single tail light assembly as well.

07 & Up Suzuki Bandit GSF 1250 LED Tail Lights with Integrated LED Signals

Now if I could just get back to work and get a few pay cheques all this would be done by now....

Also very interested in this tire hugger as well...

2008-2010 Suzuki GSX 650F Rear Tire Hugger BLACK or CARBON FIBER Look *::*Suzuki*::*Tire Huggers*::*Xtreme Discount Cycle

all in all I think these mods would do wonders for the rear end of the gsxf, the tire hugger would be nice for keeping some of the road dirt off my exaust and such as I cant even go through a puddle without it being drenched in dirt and grime.

I do recommend the HIDsRus HID kit but be sure to go with a single beam kit or they will send you 2 H7s... there are other kits online that will send you the proper hi and lo beams but Im happy with just lo beam, I dont use my hi's very often anymore.

Ill see if I can get some photos today or tomorrow, it basically looks like a stock gsx650f atm with different headlights and a sheepskin butt pad. Also its the blue version not black.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Heres a few quick shots from a shoot a buddy and I did of our bikes today. Im going to try and get a few night shots tonight if I have time. Again pretty much stock right now.

The headlights, this is during the day so very dim but you can see the difference the blue sidelights make.

Hopefully more modding photos coming soon =D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After doing some hunting I might actually end up going with the Delkevic 14" exhaust to save money, only $197 before shipping sounds like a deal and it sounds damn nice on the GSF1250 which I can imagine would sound similar on these bikes.

If anyone has such a setup let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The bikes looks good man and keep us posted on the mods.

I read the same reviews on the fender kit and I didn't like the fact that ALL the reviews said that the instructions sucked. If I buy something, I don't want to guess how to put it on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Heres a few more finds that ive come across and am considering, might be coming into some money soon as im selling off my PC and I should be back to work in a couple days.

FROG SPECIALTIES

I have been talking with the owner of the store and he has confirmed he will ship to me in canada, just waiting on quotes for the flip up windscreen which I think could help a ton when touring with my height, although it looks pretty odd. Also I like thier undertail as I can keep the stock tail light which I like but have a decent looking and easy to install undertail. Cost wise though its $195 usd for the undertail +$40 if I want the optional turn signals that flush mount to the undertail. $105 for the windscreen in light grey.

Xdcycle

This is another undertail im keeping in mind, with some messing around from what I can tell its pretty easy to set the tail lights up as signal lights as well, or I can get some side mount signals to attach to the included bracket. Only available from XD in black but I do have the option of sanding and repainting down the road.. winter job I guess.

Not 100% on the look of the shotgun style tail lights but in some videos ive seen it looks pretty decent. again easy install, no chopping off the fender and what not which I like. Another benefit is I can get the undertail and tire hugger from the same dealer, but I also still like the windscreen from frog. time to do some thinking and number crunching.

Opinions?

Video with the 2nd option

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own an 18" Delkevic Carbon pipe, and it is AWESOME.
Seriously, I love the thing. I can't see you being disapointed, at all.
unless you care more about telling someone you own a yoshi pipe, than having an awesome sounding exhaust, cause they both sound really, really good. it's just one is half price. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Voided, I just got in contact with the guys at delkevic in the US and seems shipping from them will be pretty decent, looking at a stainless 14 stubby for my bike. Plus they have a set of rear signals for 12.99 that would be nice to have around just in case I need them :) Probubly putting an order in before the end of the week/begining of next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Post a good vid!

Also, I've got a friend with a D-SLR camera, with a good mic on it. I'll be youtubing my 18"er

As far as I care, there isn't another pipe out there. Unless of course you're drowning in slush money that you don't need for other mods. ;)

EDIT:

There is, but it's a MIVV Suono. Youtube it, and be AMAZED!! But.. and yes I did the research, it's 6-700 bucks to import it to the USA.
My above statement stands.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
delkevic stainless 14" stubby has been ordered, hopefully it gets here before my 11 day trip in july :) also a set of LED signal lights for just in case.

Not bad $188 shipped to canada for the exaust and a set of generic LED signals. cant get much cheaper then that, just hope it stands up for a while, cant see why it wouldnt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't waste your money on the fender comp werks fender eliminator kit. you can do the same thing with a dremal and it will look just as good if you take your time. I did it to my rear fender. You will want the led intergrated tail light first because you will lose you rear turn signals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just dumped the bike at 70 kmph yesterday, need new lower right and probubly upper fairings, right mirror, bar end, right crank cover, few other odds and ends now to get it back into condition =(

Anyone know a good place to get oem or good quality prepainted and stickered fairing peices?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts