Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Phairos GPS unit today from mobileplanet.com for my pdaphone (required but sold seperately) that I have mounted to the handelbars with a Akron Bike/Heli mount I also got from mobileplanet. I was using it on my Schwinn :nerd until I got the FZ6 :leghump . It is in perfect sight just below the view of my speedo and has ample clearance from the tank. Just have to tweek the angle a little bit to keep the high noon sun from reflecting in my face but the road test today went great. I was the red arrow scampering across the ever changing map and with the ability to zoom in or out it becomes really hard to get lost. Other than that it is way better that a map in a tank bag and more multi-functional than a stand alone GPS like a Garmin. I'll take some pictures if anyone wants to see this.
Now I need to add a 12 volt accessory like a cigarette lighter outlet somewhere in the fairing to eliminate the extra 4 AA pack needed to power the GPS reciever and charge the phone at the same time. For more info on pdaphones and what they can do try pdaphonehome.com (another thing to have a chat forum about) or your local wireless store. I'm with sprintpcs and the phone is the Toshiba 2032SP. Very happy with this hop up of my Fazer. Now all that's left is to get the music piped into my helmet then add a microphone somewhere in my Arai Corsair so I can make and take cell phone calls while I'm putting around town or just listen to the mp3's I have loaded onto the SD card along with the maps for the GPS. I have another GPS program that runs on my laptop but the entire united states map is loaded on installation on that one so there is no adding maps like the Phairos. It can have 3 running at a time so I have LA and Orange County loaded since that is my stomping grounds.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
post pics please!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sweet, let's see some pics. And how much?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts