·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
new camaro

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
The new 370Z is a much-needed update over the ol' 350 IMO. Am anxious to see how she does.

The new Camaro is going the same route as the rest of the retro-trend cars. OVERWEIGHT. I was excited about this car, because I've always been a fan of the F-Body cars (although this technically isn't an F-Body), was in love with my '98 WS6 when I had it, and actually planned on buying the new Camaro after a year or so from its release, so the buzz would die down.

But after learning that it's gonna be a fat-ass 2-ton pig just like the Shelby GT500 and especially the Challenger (4100-4200 lbs for the SRT-8... pathetic), forget about it. You'd think that especially with today's economy, it'd make sense to keep the weight target for cars like this around 3500 lbs (my WS6 weighed 3415 minus the spare/tools), that not only would they see better MPG that's so important today, the cars would accelerate, stop, and handle that much better.

I'll gladly look for a used LS3 C6 in a few years. The Corvette is about the only sportscar on a proper diet anymore.

·
Registered
484 Posts
What took so long with the 370 anyway? The G37 is going in to it's second year on the market already, and it is obvious that they are almost identical cars.

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
The 350 definitely needed an update. A bit under 300 horse, it wasnt that much, yet it did its job as a described "everyday sports car." My friend gave me a ride once and it looked like such a nice car yet I felt the V6 was lagging a little.

Later on he actually threw twin turbos in (16 or 18g) and all that jazz, so obviously it rips now with over 400hp.

That blue paint is gorgeous though, just like the 350 blue...mmmm. I like how they changed a few different things in a subtle way, it comes together very nice.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Instead of redesigning the Z they need to cut its weight. Its a pig, and in stock form without sway bars doesn't handle that great at speed around turns.

I had an 06 enthusiast and with sway bars its a far better car but still it was heavy. Shed some pounds and get twin pop chargers haha

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yah that last Camaro is fucking sicko...........but I'm pretty sure these cars will flop..they are so late to the retro hot rod game and now with GM about file chapter 11 unless the govt steps in........this fucker will be out of the line up in a years time.

The 370z is pure sex to me.....I wanna do dirty things to the lil butthole between the exhaust pipes.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
With any luck, Nissan finally figured out how to design a transmission that isn't a complete piece of shit and put it into the new 370Z.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
3232 lbs. curb weight and 332 horsepower for the 370Z? Not bad. It's almost as good as a 1997 Corvette, and for less cabbage.

Technological progress rocks.

·
Future Statistic
690 Posts
am i the only one who thinks the 370z is ugly? those headlights kill me...
also... 370z is too hard to say.. doesnt flow well... they shoulda bumped it up to 3.8 and called it the 380z.... but i like the weight loss and HP bump...

the camaro looks cool - but its gonna be another retro muscle car.. REALLY F*CKING Heavy.... probably will handle like ass but go fast in a straight line. yay...

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Finally they lost the weight on the pig. I still miss my 06 but liked my S2000 more.

I think in 08 they finally made a 6MT that didn't suck. Oh and didn't you know that burning oil is a characteristic of a badass car lol So is cupping and the 30 other issues every model year managed to have....

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
am I the only one who thinks the new challenger and the new camaro look a lot alike?

·
Registered
548 Posts
pretty sure you could line up the new Stang coming out, the new challenger, and new camaro, and your average consumer would have no idea which was which.

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
The more I look at pics of the production Camaro, the more I realize how boring it honestly is to look at. I'm not holding any hopes for seeing it in person either, because I thought the new Challenger looked like a yawn-fest in pics, and sure enough, it's just as boring in person, and even worse because you realize just how oversized the car really is.

I can't imagine things being any different for the Camaro. I remember even reading almost a year back, that one of the key pieces they were going for with the Camaros production design, was to keep the weight low (although when they said 3700 lbs, that isn't even low). Yeah, so much for that. I shoulda known better. Everything else is gaining weight, why not this one too?

The fact that the new 370Z actually LOST weight from the 350Z it replaces, literally astonishes me. Someone is actually getting the "sports"car formula right again, for once (besides Chevy with their Vette; ironically enough they went the other way with the new Camaro). Light weight, manual transmission (a REAL manual, as in THREE pedals), and RWD.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts