Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's nothing performance enhancing or anything, but being the photo-video guru that I am, I [finally] went and bought a Mini DV camera and a tank mount for the bike so I can tape rides and such, which will be cool if I ever do find any decent roads down here ( :rolleyes ) LOL

I couldn't wait, I HAD to try it out!! So I went out and made a nice long video. This is just a short clip (about 2 min or so, 10 mb). Nothing special, just trying it out on our boring straight roads

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=bikevid4_NEW

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That's pretty cool.I like the way it's moved forward.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That's pretty cool. What kind of tank mount did you get? I'm dying to get a camera and mount for this summer. Seems to hold a pretty steady picture. I've seen a lot that are jumpy as hell.

·
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adamf2 said:
That's pretty cool. What kind of tank mount did you get? I'm dying to get a camera and mount for this summer. Seems to hold a pretty steady picture. I've seen a lot that are jumpy as hell.
Yea I was really suprised how steady it was! I too have seen alot that really jumped around. Only thing is every once in awile the camera kinda freaks out, I guess from some of the vibrations or something, and the sound and picture go a little whack for a few seconds (you can hear it once in that clip), but other than that it's pretty damn sturdy! There's places that make different kinda of mounts, some point front, some point rear or hang on the side, but all those I found were around $100. This one I got on ebay for $31 (seller was 'sprocket11sprocket'), and it feels of very good quality. Only problem I had was I don't think the seller realized that the F4i tank bolts are a little different than the older F3's and such. The mount came with skinny little bolts to attach it to the tank, and the holes drilled in it were the same small size. Well mine takes larger diameter screws, so I had to redrill to enlarge the holes and use some of my own bolts from my "collection". After doing that it fits perfectly, so all is good.... just needed a little modification.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That roadlooks so boring, good for wheelies if that's your thing i guess. After you man that turnaround, how high in the RPMS did you let it get before you shifted? Cause lately I have been trying to shift at like 9-10k(just to try) but with my pipe, I honestly can't stand the noise.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
adamf2 said:
I read something once that implied that it was the camera that caused the jumpiness, not the mount. I think the new digitals handle it well because they have an anit-shake (or something) feature, whereas the old VHS-C or Hi-8 recorders show all the shakiness. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because that's the only reason I've never bought a mount... don't care to spend the money on a new camera too. :rolleyes

·
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
activematrix said:
Looks like US27, I toped out my friends 05 r6 on that road, 170 indicated.
Good eye! That is indeed US27, just south of I-75. And yes, it's a straight, flat boring road, just like every other road in south FL :mad: But it's wide open and usually no popo to be found, unless you go down to miami-dade where they do all the street racing... the popo are busting people down there all the time. But yea, I thought it turned out suprisingly well. It actually plays much much better right from the tape, since it got a little chopped up in the transfer from the cam to my comp (my comp isn't the fastest, and I'm using regular USB to transfer it, so it's kinda struggling to keep up). Then I had to compress it and that didn't help any, but still it's not too bad I don't think. Not even that much windnoise! Now I just need to figure a way to angle the camera down a little bit so it'll pick up the speedo and tach too.

Oh and here's the dude I got the mount from.... http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsprocket11sprocket11

·
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ca$h said:
That roadlooks so boring, good for wheelies if that's your thing i guess. After you man that turnaround, how high in the RPMS did you let it get before you shifted? Cause lately I have been trying to shift at like 9-10k(just to try) but with my pipe, I honestly can't stand the noise.
There I think I shifted around 12.5-13k. I'll have to watch it again on my TV to see exactly... on the tv you can see the top of the tach pretty clear

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
I got me one.... Should be here this week. I will post up some video later!

-Matt

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ca$h said:
That roadlooks so boring, good for wheelies if that's your thing i guess.
yeah here in FL all the roads are like that, its just one big grid across the entire state, it sucks too, no twisties at all

·
Registered
645 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
yeah here in FL all the roads are like that, its just one big grid across the entire state, it sucks too, no twisties at all
Yeah, although there are some in the middle of the state around alva.

But US27 is straight and boring like them all, but perfect for racing as many people do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts