Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the new FZ1 will be a FZ6 clone in both N and S models, upside down forks, black frame and two tone painted tank,

And 173ps stock. And stoppies to match.

Oh the pain the pain.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only the S model fairing is an "artist impression" the S model photo uses the N models real photo.

Info AMCN magazine along with a hot looking naked CBR1000 and MV Agusta Brutale 910.

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
:dblthumbNow that i like...... alot!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can assure you that the only correct thing in that Photoshop work is the rear arm.

Fact:
1 - The R1 Engine, won't fit the FZ6 Frame
2 - The seat is a 2-piece seat.
3 - The artist forgot to erase all of the lower fairing. :urowned

The new FZ1, will have 174HP.

My source?

Yamaha <--

Also fakes:
R1 + FZ6-N

FZ6 + MT-01

Another version of your posted photo:

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
The new bikes aren't released until September. Anything posted before that is pure speculation.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can't wait to see the new FZ1. I'm trying to stay loyal to Yamaha for my next bike.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I hate you people :lol

I told myself 5 years till I get a new bike when I got the FZ6 last April. If the FZ1 looks that good for 06 it's gonna be really hard to keep to that 5 years.

Why did you post this??? Now I have to go hide my $$$ and credit cards so I can't even find them :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We have heard other rumours that the FZ1 may see 2005 as its last year ever. I am inclined to believe it. It won't be revamped, altered, improved, or otherwise - it will be retired IMHO.

It seems most of the sales are going to either sport bikes, touring, or cruisers. There are very few sales of the standard class. How many FZ1's, let alone FZ6, or Bandits, or 599's do you see rolling the streets?

What are the standard bikes:

Suzuki Bandit (very old, clock is ticking)
Yamaha V-Max (retired this year), FZ1 (old tech, clock is ticking), FZ6 (new)
Honda 599 (retired last year), 919
Kawasaki Z750, ZR7S, Z1000

As the FZ6 is new and modern, obviously Yamaha will keep it around for many, many years. However, most of the other models in this standard style are old, dated; some have been declared to be retired this year, or some after.

Suzuki has just revamped its whole line of cruisers. And everyone is continually advancing their line of super sport bikes. Sadly for us standard riders, the bike manufacturers are giving little attention to this small sector of the market.

Personally, I would love to see a FZ1 revamped with a FZ6 frame and fairing, R1 engine , EFI, and suspension. But then it wouldn't be an FZ1, as such a shopping list is way too far removed from the origins of the FZ1. As a design engineer myself, I don't see this as being feasible for Yamaha. I think the engineering would be way easier (and economical) to merely take an R1 and reshape the frame to yield a standard posture (seating, pegs, grips, windscreen).

I may imagine what the FZ1 could have been, but I feel it has seen its last year. The good news is the FZ6 is here to stay.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
skeleton said:
What are the standard bikes:

Suzuki Bandit (very old, clock is ticking)
Yamaha V-Max (retired this year), FZ1 (old tech, clock is ticking), FZ6 (new)
Honda 599 (retired last year), 919
Kawasaki Z750, ZR7S, Z1000
Is the 599 really retired allready? Its barely been out for a year yet. I guess sales must have been pretty bad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Believe it or not, there is a world outside of the USA (and perhaps even outside of North America). Naked bikes are very popular in Europe (totally naked FZ6 anyone?). What we see on the streets of Toledo may not be the true representation of a bike's popularity.

PS: I was under the impression that the Bandit was to be killed in favour of the SV650, a very popular bike.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
CorvetteBoy,

Yes, NA is a unique market place relative to everywhere else. Ironically, despite the bravado of USA, they usually lag behind in market acceptance of product innovations.

The SV650 is a huge market winner. My guess for its success is that it is a closer blending of standard and sport geometry. Ie: it has more leaned over seating than the FZ6, more sporty looking, and well priced. (I'll keep my FZ6, but I think we are a small unique customer base.)

·
Registered
610 Posts
CorvetteBoy said:
Believe it or not, there is a world outside of the USA (and perhaps even outside of North America). Naked bikes are very popular in Europe (totally naked FZ6 anyone?). What we see on the streets of Toledo may not be the true representation of a bike's popularity.
Second That. You guys don't even get the true naked fz6.

I guess we'll have to let you know what its like. Can't wait.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The 599 is only retired in north america, it lasted all of one season here. Seems like a waste of time to me.

I think it was resisted mostly because it cost just as much as the SV650/FZ6 (or more) and was much smaller, had fewer features, and is based off much older tech (it has carbs, eww.)

I almost bought one when there was a rebate on them, but luckily the rebate expired and it once again became more expensive than the FZ6. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
CorvetteBoy said:
Believe it or not, there is a world outside of the USA (and perhaps even outside of North America). Naked bikes are very popular in Europe (totally naked FZ6 anyone?).
I'm running Naked... :eek:nfloor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts