Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up, I'm Alex and I'm going to be buying a bike in a few weeks. My budget is 2-3 grand and I've been looking primarily at ninja 250's and gs500s. I have ridden a ninja 250 before, my friend owns one and let me take it around the block a couple times. I understand how gearing works, braking and countersteering, etc so I hope I have a leg up once i get a bike!

Im also really into cars. I just dropped out of college to go to tech school, and im hoping the knowledge i know about cars will transfer over to bikes somewhat easily. I drive a mazdaspeed 3 with light mods, which im more proud of than i should be.

anyway, quick question. Im looking at riding boots and they all seem like work boots with just a few differences. I hate wearing workboots to work as it is, is there a good pair of riding boots out there that are lightweight and equally protective?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Whats up, I'm Alex and I'm going to be buying a bike in a few weeks. My budget is 2-3 grand and I've been looking primarily at ninja 250's and gs500s. I have ridden a ninja 250 before, my friend owns one and let me take it around the block a couple times. I understand how gearing works, braking and countersteering, etc so I hope I have a leg up once i get a bike!

Im also really into cars. I just dropped out of college to go to tech school, and im hoping the knowledge i know about cars will transfer over to bikes somewhat easily. I drive a mazdaspeed 3 with light mods, which im more proud of than i should be.

anyway, quick question. Im looking at riding boots and they all seem like work boots with just a few differences. I hate wearing workboots to work as it is, is there a good pair of riding boots out there that are lightweight and equally protective?
lightweight==less protection (for most aspects of clothing). Just the way it is with safety gear.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You looking at the Harley store or what? :) My riding boots couldn't be any more different than work boots. you looking at something like this?

Sidi Fusion Boots - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I used to live in the Central West End (gaslight square)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
yeah, your riding boots shouldn't be anything like work boots, and really shouldn't be heavy. when new, my Sidi B2s were like 3/4 of a pound each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts