Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The car has gone official at the Geneva Motor Show today and it is incredibly attractive. We couldn’t say that of some of the Ferrari super high-end sports cars in the past. The car has a mid-mounted, direct injection 6.3-liter V12 engine said to be an evolution of the engine used in the F12berlinetta. The engine is connected to a dual-clutch gearbox and an electric motor.

The LaFerrari has a 120-cell 60 kg lithium-ion battery pack packaged under the seats inside a Kevlar casing. After all, in the event of battery problems you don’t want to literally blow your arse off. The engine has a 9250 RPM redline produces 790 hp on its own. The electric motor adds in another 160 hp for a total of 950.

The beastly V12 also produces 663 pound-foot of torque. One of the important things that Ferrari hasn’t talked about is exactly how much the car weighs, Top Gear believes the LaFerrari could weigh under 1300 kg. All we really need to know is that it offers hugely impressive performance with the ability to hit 62 mph in less than 3 seconds and pass 124 mph in less than seven. This is the first Ferrari production car to be fitted with the automakers HY-KERS it was developed by its Formula One guys. It also reduces emissions for the vehicle by 40% and recaptures kinetic energy lost in breaking and cornering. LaFerrari pricing is unknown, but is sure to be insanely high.
Video:

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Sweet Nectar

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I sell both my nuts for one of those.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Ehh, I'll probably never even see one in person so it's whatevs.

I do hope they give it a better name though.
+1

I also just find myself being less and less interested in things that I will never be able to obtain.

Also agreed on the name... the Ferrari LaFerrari? Am I the only one that reads this as Ferrari*LAUGH!*Ferrari?

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
wtf is up with the name?!~

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
LaFerrari roughly translates to "The Ferrari"...

Sounds stupid.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the name is terrible

after spending thousands of man-hours designing it they half-assed coming up with a name

Ferrari CEO: "f*** it I'm tired, lets just call it The Ferrari, my pasta is getting cold"

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
yeah the name is terrible

after spending thousands of man-hours designing it they half-assed coming up with a name

Ferrari CEO: "f*** it I'ma tired, letsa just call it The Ferrari, my pasta isa getting cold"
FTFY. :D

looks like all the worst looks of the enzo, all the worst looks of the 458, smashed together. Never been a Ferrari fan, but damn, that is bad.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it looks pretty amazing.. for a Ferrari anyway. There are prettier cars out there still but heck I wouldn't kick it out of the garage.

The name though... yeah.... wtf.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lambo Veneno for the win. Just saying. That car looks like the future and is hot.
That car looks amazing, but it's really just an Aventador on steroids.

Lambo probably rushed to put that car together just so that they could take the spot light off the Ferrari and Mclaren P1, which are both much more technologically advanced.

This is an exciting time in automotive history, with all these great cars being released around the same time. Next up is the Porsche 918 and then hopefully the Audi R20.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts