Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall im going to buy a slipon pipe soon (not the full system) for my 05 busa....im not sure which brand yet, but i know it will be only one can......how much can i expect to pay (or where can i go to look at prices -- not EBAY)...........but mainly how difficult is it for my bike shop to make the dual cans into one, do they need to go to the headers and remove the piping leading to the left side can or what? cuz that would be lots of labor....... basically, how many hours labor roughly do you think it should cost me to put one slipon pipe on?? thanks for the advice/replies.......

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I would first deal with is that realy all necessary? Why only one can? That is going to be an expensive project and one that can potentially affect performance.

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
I don't understand your thinking .......... Why pay for someone big $$$ to take/make your headers into a 4-2-1 instead if paying the few extra hundred bucks and buying a quality aftermarket 4-2-1 system. Bolt-ons won't give you any extra power (maybe 1hp) while a full system can give you up to 10 hp if properly tuned. Your choices are either pay for the two bolt on cans or buy a full 4-2-1 single exhaust. If you do anything with the stock headers you're going to want a Power Commander to adjust the fuel injection as well or you can flash it with a Yoshimura fuel management system. (YAFMS) if you can find a person or shop who has one. That's how I adjusted my FI on my Suzuki.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts