Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz! whats up?? I signed the paperwork on a new EX500 today, I take delivery tommorow morning! I'm taking MSF in two weeks, so just gonna take it easy for now, get comfortable with the bike. The bike dried the funds up, so I had enough to get what I felt to be the most crucial gear. I got:

1. Teknic Chicane Leather Jacket
2. KBC VR-1 Helmet
3. Gloves with carbon fiber knuckles

This sufficient to start out? I won't be on the streets for awhile as I want to wait until after the MSF....for now I'm gonna ride around in the neighborhood, which is actually decent sized, almost a 2 mile circuit. Again thanks for the advice on choice of bikes good for beginners guyz!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
You might want to hold off until your class to take the bike out. That's a great start on gear, it's more than most people wear. I would personally hate to go down without pants and boots, but if you're just put-putting around the neighborhood you probably won't be injured severely if you fall.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good job dude.

Good job dude.

Do you have any friends that ride? If so, have them teach you the real basics of starting, stopping, shifting, in a parking lot.

If not, sit in your driveway and practice feeling the friction point of the clutch in 1st.

Once you can start real slowly and smoothly, you are ready to go to a parking lot on your own and practice slow speed stuff in 1st gear. Use the clutch to moderate throttle.

Hmm, I am probably doing a shitty job explaining this. Maybe wait for the course......

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Congrats, and great choice for a starter...If you take it out, go to a parking lot that's vacant...And post pics when you get a chance...

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, just take it slow and easy for awhile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts