Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from there a little while ago. It was a very spur of the moment type thing. I had no plans of even going but a rider from another board was going and invited me.

This was my first time going to a dragstrip and I had a great time. Its only $17 and I got 7 runs in.

I know some of you are prolly thinking that dragstrips are stupid b/c you don't have to turn. While its not as fun a trackday, by any stretch, its a lot cheaper, somewhat less crash prone, and you get timed (something which alot of organizations don't do).

My runs were ok. This being my first time I had to learn the ropes about where to go, where to wait, how to stage, etc...

What surprised me the most was how sticky the track was. On the line, when I put my feet down, they litterally stuck to the pavement. It was 10x more sticky than any movie theater.

I also got the bike weighed. 396lb with the tail bag, toolkit, and a couple gallons o' gas

My runs improved the whole night, except for the second run I did.

12.981s @ 103 mph for the first run
12.578s @ 106 mph for the last (7th)

My best R/T was about .50s, which was the last run. The rest were around 1.2s :(

Thats the guy I met there, Ian

First run

Last run, thats Ian on the left (AA)

Even though they were predicting rain we didn't get a drop at the track. I ran into a deluge about 5 minutes from my house on the way home, but that was quite refreshing.

Anyone who has never been to a dragstrip should go, its heck of a lot of fun and there's no speeding tickets!
http://www.newenglanddragway.com/

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Matt Sterbator said:
Glad you had fun... don't see how ANYONE could think THAT is stupid. :)
Agreed............Does not take much crainial capacity to do it on the street. Everyone thinks they are the fastest racer on the street.

The track where the fun is. The track is where it's at.
:needpics

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've been over there a few times, though mostly it was 3 years ago. It is alot of fun for the money. I like twisties as much as the next guy, but this is just a diffrent kind of fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jammin_Johnny said:
Agreed............Does not take much crainial capacity to do it on the street. Everyone thinks they are the fastest racer on the street.

The track where the fun is. The track is where it's at.
:needpics
Don't have any pictures of me launching it, but here is some one of me on the SV in western MA

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Woooooo Hooooooo! :2devil

Keeps the pics rollin' in. More track pics PLEASE! :dblthumb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Im happy to see such an enthusiastic response :headbang

I have no others from the strip, but this in from a trackday at NHIS, Loudon.

I lowsided about three days before I had my trackday but I was still able to make it. No injuries from the lowside (Gear ROX!)

This is at New Hampshire International Speedway in Loudon, NH

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Pressed the wrong button.....................Big sorry!

KEEP IT ROLLIN'!

Please repost your track day image(s).

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Mad Max said:
Im happy to see such an enthusiastic response :headbang

I have no others from the strip, but this in from a trackday at NHIS, Loudon.

I lowsided about three days before I had my trackday but I was still able to make it. No injuries from the lowside (Gear ROX!)

This is at New Hampshire International Speedway in Loudon, NH

The track is where it is at..........No Cops, citations, guardrails (typically), on-coming traffic, trees (typically)! You get the gist.

I would rather see "track related" pics moreso than the typical "street derived" pics. Talk constantly about the "Track v. Street" issues.

THANK GOD for those that conceive ideas to go faster, safer and enjoy much more! Glad to read that you were well after your accident.

KEEP 'EM ROLLIN'!

Johnny
Racers Corner Moderator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts