Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just up there on vacation with the family. Got to drive a lot of the back country mountian roads. Maine, New Hamshire and Vermont. Never once did I see a sport bike running around up there. Saw a ton of Harleys and Goldwings. Along with other misc cruisers. All of those good roads and no sprort bikes? What gives with that?

·
Red Dragons
2,887 Posts
Dammit! You saw one? I was up there 2 years ago with my wife to visit my mom and brother and didn't see a single one. We rented a Harley in Barre and went into NH (and up Mt Washington), and still nothing.
I think the real reason is because as good as the roads looked, they are torn up from frost heaves, road salt and snowplows. My damn fillings were getting knocked loose even on the Harley.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't think the roads were too aweful bad. I was in Mt Washington also. Great scenery up there.

·
Red Dragons
2,887 Posts
Try the Blue Ridge Parkway next time you're up that way. Talk about awesome views and great road.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done the Blue Ridge before. On an FJR1300 2 up from Ashville to Cherokee. THen on a Vmax for the Virginia side of it. Virginia isn't as curvy as the NC side. But fun none the less. Good roads around Roanoke, Va. Thinking of going up for Laborday weekend to visit family. Do some riding. My uncle knows that whole area very well.

·
AdRenaLiNe JuNkiE
413 Posts
I was just up there on vacation with the family. Got to drive a lot of the back country mountian roads. Maine, New Hamshire and Vermont. Never once did I see a sport bike running around up there. Saw a ton of Harleys and Goldwings. Along with other misc cruisers. All of those good roads and no sprort bikes? What gives with that?
I just moved down from NH this year. Theres a lot of nice roads in NH and in Maine, never rode in Vermont.
Suprised you didn't see any sportbikes, they are definitely up there. I still don't understand why NH has a huge sport bike scene since the winters seem to never end up there.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
All of those good roads and no sprort bikes? What gives with that?
We were probably all up at the race track :p

Seriously though, yeah, the motorcycling community up here is pretty sparse with sport riders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drove from SFO to VT then over to Bangor and back to SFO on a 2007 VFR. The best part of the ride were the eight secondary and tertiary roads over to Bangor and back to Vermont. Total sport and touring mileage...7,197. Without one lick of mechanical trouble whatsoever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts