Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up! Never driven a bike in my life and have always wanted one. Well pulling the tr***** on one finanlly and looks like ill be learning on it as well.

Custom Hayabusa

It is extreme but my first car ever was a 800rwhp C6 Z06 with a 250 shot. Always been responsible.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Welcome.

You know that you picked a pretty terrible first bike, right? You might want to consider parking that bike and buying a suitable beginner bike to learn on before going out and wadding up your 'busa. Either way, make sure that you gear up and get full insurance on that bike... Chances are high that you'll be needing it. Good luck.

I imagine this could get interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 09' busa new, about 2 years ago, and I learned how to ride on it (Never rode a motorcycle at all, before that). Glad I started off, learning, on the bike I wanted to ride, long term. To each his own.

Take your time, & don't bite off more than what you can handle, until you're ready.

Congrats, & be safe.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
It he wasnt going to bite off more than he could chew he wouldn't be buying a busa for a first bike.

:catcorn

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Pussy. Everybody knows real men ride turbo Hayabusas with NOS. You'll get bored of that thing in a couple months, and please, remove that gay rotors off the front wheel, you can't see the cool wheel spokes. Oh, and it needs a lot of chrome and polishing

YUCK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It he wasnt going to bite off more than he could chew he wouldn't be buying a busa for a first bike.

:catcorn
I wasn't talking about the bike. I was referring to him moving too fast on a bike, he hasn't fully learned, or is comfortable with riding yet. I think, he did say he was "learning" on it. He also said that he was "responsible", so I don't think he'll be foolish enough, to start testing that bike, beyond his capabilities on it.

You jumped, but you've missed the point. Keep eating that popcorn, I didn't see you miss any of that yet. :)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Considering how much I enjoy popcorn... You are absolutely correct. I won't miss any of it.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I wasn't talking about the bike. I was referring to him moving too fast on a bike, he hasn't fully learned, or is comfortable with riding yet. I think, he did say he was "learning" on it. He also said that he was "responsible", so I don't think he'll be foolish enough, to start testing that bike, beyond his capabilities on it.

You jumped, but you've missed the point. Keep eating that popcorn, I didn't see you miss any of that yet. :)
Well, if he said that he's responsible, he must be. :rolleyes

·
Registered
848 Posts
welcome.

You know that you picked a pretty terrible first bike, right? You might want to consider parking that bike and buying a suitable beginner bike to learn on before going out and wadding up your 'busa. Either way, make sure that you gear up and get full insurance on that bike...and add me as beneficiary . Chances are high that you'll be needing it. Good luck.

I imagine this could get interesting.

fify. Lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bad choice for a first bike, but it's fully possible to learn and survive on it.
I would have to agree with those suggesting a "throw-away" bike to learn the basics on.

The popcorn emoticon and gifs are hilarious! I was laughing to tears here at work. LMAO!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Come on guys.... I haven't been on here that long (compared to some), and even i can smell the BS on this one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I actually did end up purchasing the Hayabusa, but I opted for the orange and black 2008 Gen II Hayabusa instead. I've added an Extention to it, bought new brakes and wheels, installed Vortex Levers, Dual Two Brothers Exhaust System, Triple Clamp, Lowered It, a power commando, removed the Busa Logo, and added orange stripes around the front and back wheel. This is my first sportbike ever. I do consider myself a responsible rider, even though I'm sure you all have heard that before and still witnessed or heard of his ass getting handed to by some accident at one point down the calender year. It's definitely do-able for a beginner, But it would greatly depend on his general knowledge on skill, power, and racing experience needed so one would have some sort of clue to what he/she is dealing with when driving a Streetbike in general. My fastest car has been a Highly Moddified C6 Z06 and have been around the drag scene for a while. With all honesty, all I could whisper to myself when I first used the hayabusa's "A" Mode while in all out power was "Jesus Christ".

1 - 20 of 49 Posts