Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went and did it. When I got my bike many many bandit lovers from a bandit only website that will not be named told me to run mobile one full sythetic 15w-50 oil.
I bought my bandit with 3000 miles on her and did an oil change with the mobile one.

At 5000 miles I felt the clutch slip just a hair once or twice, but thats not acceptable to me. I dont stunt, haul passengers and stuff.

I ordered a EBC clutch with kevlar fiber plates, kept my stock steel plates and got EBC 10% over stock pressure springs.
Changed oil to dead dinosaurs.

Rides great, not too much lever pressure, should last an eternity.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Must be that time of year for clutches! If my parts come in today I am changing the clutch in my GSXR today. I am also going back with the dead dino oil.

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah my sythetic may have caused my slip may not, the plates didnt really tell me anything, but boy that new clutch feels great!

the dead dino seems to run alittle hotter, rode about 40 miles last night on some 55mph country two lane with nice bends and you can tell shes a little warmer but bikes have been running dead dinos for decades. I dont think it makes much difference.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Synthetic motorcycle oil will not make your clutch to slip any more than dino oil.
It's the 'Energy Conserving' oil that may cause clutch slippage - synthetic or dino.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts