Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story...

My GF and I wen't to the mall to buy her a sewing machine, she is in college for fashion design, and we saw this little fabric houses for pets...

She said "First thing I'm going to do when I get the machine is a house for your cats..." I didn't saw it coming...

At the store the damn thing was $24, well, got the sewing machine and already spent $20 in materials, the house turned out into a wrecked house, it can barely stand by itself.

Oh, and the worse part is that my GF got tired of it and I ended up trying to finish it by miself. It was my first time using a sewing machine, broke two needles, made a mess, but at least I think I figured out how that misterious machine works!

First thing tomorrow in the morning I'm going to do is go to Homemart, get some wood and paint and build a proper wooden house, doubt it will come out worse than this...

Canguro, male, is the one at the "door" (more like front hole) and Neko, female, is the little one at the back.

Attachments

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who said I'm not going to burn it once they get a new one???

I took the pictures 10 minutes ago, and it already looks "lower" (like if it were falling, but it is really falling, slowly...), I don't want to think what is going to happen when they start jumping/playing.

Tomorrow I'm going to make another one, and I'll have fun with this one! (can you imagine what that much fabric soaked in gas can look like after a match???)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hell, I want to see a vid :lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
lol, why not just put some wooden support beams on the inside and save yourself from having to (or maybe it's 'getting to') make a new one. You can wrap them in cloth with some cotton balls or something to make them softer. Either way, take pics, that's hilarious.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Good Luck with making another, but I am for the idea of reinforcing it.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think any attempt to salvage it will work.

I designed it, I thought I knew how it was supposed to be. I gave the sketch and measures to my GF, she thought that included space for sewing and for some support beams (it does have support beams), obviously, as I know nothing about sewing, it didn't included that...

Second mistake, she asked me to cut the fabric...

Those were some funny looking squares!!!

To top it off, she hadn't done anything with support beams and 4 layers of fabric/stuffing before, and she didn't gave enough space for sewing, it was impossible to sew most of the corners...

Oh, and the worse part. We thought that thick fabric = strong. In fact, thick fabric, stuffing and another layer of fabric = extremely heavy...

So I can't use wooden beams as the corners are open (impossible to sew them), it already haves some metallic beams used on "female underwear" (I thought, what the heck? Those beams can do miracles!) and the damn thing is so heavy it is bending them...

This is what I found when I woke up...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
so if I asked you to make me 10 of those, and ship um to the states, would that be a, NO?! :D :confused:

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
BuRn__ said:
i dunno y every1 says fire is bad. fire = fun!!

heh heh fire hehehhh heeh I was heart broken when they prevented Beavis n Buthed from saying that..... :lol :lol :lol anything flamable, explosive or similar = YeeeeHaaaaa!!!

btw Todd Great job man!! If I did it it prolly woulda fell down on the poor cats and trapped em inside!!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Todd I think it looks really cool, the cats seem to like it and thats all that matters. Looks just like the cat houses I've seen in the stores. However, if you take some wire and insert it into the fabric along the seams it should give it a little more structure. I think it is totally salvagable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts