Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Guessing aimed at tires like the Q2?
I know that people always say this but I'm starting to wonder where outside of durability you can out do something like the Q2, at least for street use.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My prediction is it will feel just like the BT-016 Pro, with decent feel, good stability, non-twitchy progressive turning, and poor treadlife (like most hypersports). I have kinda become a Bridgestone guy, having tried Dunlops and Metzlers; had the BT-016 OEM, 016 aftermarket, 016 Pro, now looking to try the S20's soon. Looks like they have done away with the (3LC-5Zone) Std 016 tread since the 016 Pro (2LC-3Zone) , and are continuing this trend with the S20.

·
5,366 Posts
The bridgestone website would make a good drinking game. Have to take a drink every time they say Moto GP

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
My prediction is it will feel just like the BT-016 Pro, with decent feel, good stability, non-twitchy progressive turning, and poor treadlife (like most hypersports). I have kinda become a Bridgestone guy, having tried Dunlops and Metzlers; had the BT-016 OEM, 016 aftermarket, 016 Pro, now looking to try the S20's soon. Looks like they have done away with the (3LC-5Zone) Std 016 tread since the 016 Pro (2LC-3Zone) , and are continuing this trend with the S20.
I get better mileage out of the 003R/S than I did the 016. The center compound wears like iron. I wish more tires came with harder center compounds to maintain the profile under street use.

KeS

·
5,366 Posts
I get better mileage out of the 003R/S than I did the 016. The center compound wears like iron. I wish more tires came with harder center compounds to maintain the profile under street use.

KeS
How terrifying is the RS at like 40-55 degree temps? I loved the RS at the track, most predictable tire i've experienced (well for my skill level) and the wear was incredible, only moved on to a DOT race tire because it didn't have quite the outright grip. I just wonder what it would be like cold on the street?

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
It was very good at the track in those temps - went to Laguna Seca in a cold December on them. Don't have any comment on street use, which means it's been ok and never done anything weird. I went out last night at 55F and was debating the S1000RR or the Buell 1125CR. One has Q2s on, the other 003R/S, but tire choice never entered my mind.

KeS

·
5,366 Posts
Good to know, its a fantastic tire especially for the price. The way it would slide on corner exit was super confidence inspiring, kind of like hey whats going on, i think i'm sliding, yup sliding, well this is allright. Just so much feedback.

I'm not fast enough to get that kind of feedback out of a race tire, not yet at least.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
I think this is 016 replacement.

I think their 003RS or 003 is more of a direct competition with the Q2 in terms of performance.
the 003rs is way above the q2. it's more like dunlops's gpa's, metzeler race tec, pirelli super corsa, and michelin power pure's. it's a track tire you can use on the street basically.

they have a bt-16 pro out now. I just bought a set to try.
I still miss the bt-002rs. god that tire was the shit. I liked it more than the 003rs

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have done tons of research on tires, and this is why I have stayed with the bridgestone 'hypersport' line. Mostly well liked for street use with good stiffness, but not too stiff, good feedback, good grip, reasonable comfort, and now good wet traction with the silica compounds.

The professional reviews call the 016 a 'predictable' tire, no suprises, and consistent behavior from new to bald, this has been my experience so I am not really motivated to change. I have read a couple of things about the Q2 and Pures that kept me from trying those. For intermediate pace street riding, I believe the Bridgestone hypersport tire line works very well.

·
Registered
592 Posts
the 003rs is way above the q2. it's more like dunlops's gpa's, metzeler race tec, pirelli super corsa, and michelin power pure's. it's a track tire you can use on the street basically.

they have a bt-16 pro out now. I just bought a set to try.
I still miss the bt-002rs. god that tire was the shit. I liked it more than the 003rs
the q2 is just a normal hypersport street tire like a bt-016 from what I've been told.
you're grouping it with basically hard race tires. the gpa from dunlop is more like the power pure.
and the 003rs crosses into race use category.
2010 Street Motorcycle Tire Comparison - Motorcycle USA

They put 003RS and Q2 in same group. Q2 in Street Willow best 003RS's lap time. Power Pure is a street tire and is marketed as Q2's direct competition.

Personally, I don't see how Power Pure is at the level of GPA, because people race with GPA but never with Power Pure. Or do you mean Power One?

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
2010 Street Motorcycle Tire Comparison - Motorcycle USA

They put 003RS and Q2 in same group. Q2 in Street Willow best 003RS's lap time. Power Pure is a street tire and is marketed as Q2's direct competition.

Personally, I don't see how Power Pure is at the level of GPA, because people race with GPA but never with Power Pure. Or do you mean Power One?
oh I did mean power one 2ct.
dunlop used to have a lower level gpa a few years ago. I assumed they still did.
looks like the only gpa now is full on race tire.
dunlop and pirelli have some crazy ass ways they name/ categorize their tires.

I always seen the Q2 was your average hypersport street tire that replaced the 208's.

but every dunlop tire I've ever tried I hated.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts