Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my '02 R1 back in January. I just picked this up last week....

2013 S1000RR with 434 miles - ABS / DTC / Quick-shifter / Heated Grips

- Akrapovic slip
- HP4 levers/passenger pegs/adjustable rear sets
- BMW solo seat cover
- BMW LED signals
- smoked windscreen
- spools

The ride out to Indy this year should be a lot more fun.

·
Registered
250 Posts
What a roach.I'd have kept the R1.Send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.:banana. Sweet ride-congrats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome! I've really been considering the S1000RR, but I don't think I can justify the price difference to my wife, wallet, or conscious. Amazing bike, always at the top of the list for bike of the year. I've only seen one on the road, and it was black. This is the best color scheme! Congrats, man.

Did you get a good deal on it since it was used?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, best color scheme too. Congrats
Thanks. Even though BMW charges an extra $750 for the Motorsport color scheme, it's the best color on this bike IMO.

Gorgeous bike! What day are you riding to indy? I'll be doing the same. Are you camping?
We will probably be heading out early Friday morning. We usually stay in my parents motorhome right across the street from the track but this year we have a hotel room downtown.

What a roach.I'd have kept the R1.Send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.:banana. Sweet ride-congrats.
Thanks.

Awesome! I've really been considering the S1000RR, but I don't think I can justify the price difference to my wife, wallet, or conscious. Amazing bike, always at the top of the list for bike of the year. I've only seen one on the road, and it was black. This is the best color scheme! Congrats, man.

Did you get a good deal on it since it was used?
I think I got a great deal on it, especially considering the extras, it only having 430 miles, and it's history. The original owner bought the bike this past winter and had the dealer hold it. While it was there, he had the dealer install all the HP4 and BMW accessories. He took delivery of it in April, rode it a few times and decided to free up some income. It even came with all receipts and the stock parts with 0 miles on them.

So for the difference vs buying new and the fact that it's pretty much brand new was a no brainer.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sweet bike! Congratulations!

Bimmer and a Beamer, ain't life grand! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha. Thanks.

I just picked up the 335i in January. After dealing with a 200k+ mile passat for a while, I figured it was time to upgrade the cage. Plus, being a very rare option combo helped convince the wife.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I can't wait to get out and get some miles on her. The 600 mile service is scheduled this upcoming weekend. Can't wait to ditch the 9k limiter.

hey a Pittsburgh person! congratulations!
was your R1 for sale on craigslist? i saw a similar one on there recently.
It was on Craigslist but I had it listed back in December and sold it in January.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts