Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
nice bike bro! I never really noticed the tanks on Fireblade's before, is that stock or is it a crazy looking tank bra? Either way it looks cool.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TOPGUN$%^: said:
nice bike bro! I never really noticed the tanks on Fireblade's before, is that stock or is it a crazy looking tank bra? Either way it looks cool.
'Tank bra', you lot crease me up sometimes :lao , its a 'Baglux' tank cover and has mounting points for Baglux tank bags.

I've ridden it today and its bloody great, sharper and with more power than the 98 900rr, torquey as fuck, a really really nice big road bike. :)

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
sweet bike...

·
Registered
483 Posts
that is the stock paint that was on mine before I got it painted (not by choice, it had some rash from the previous owner)

That bike looks really clean

Time for modding, and sell your 98' fireblade:)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
good looking bike, congrat's.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
very sexy - daddy like :dblthumb

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Have he same coloured bike & probably the same year being '00. This Black & some Silver were the colours over in Europe & in Cdn as well.

Do not feel to bad about being greedy for I have a '03 Honda 954 as well. Even more torque, better handeling, & bit better in stopping power. Mind you the larger rad sends a LOT of hot air to the under parts of your legs above the knees though the 929 is NOT like that.

You might want to make an investment in a good steering stabalizer for I have a Scotts on the 929 & trying out a GBR on the 954. Both being rotary they are the best on the market. Also get a set of frame sliders for when that bike accidently hits the ground the extra thin ABS plastic is really fragile.

Also note you or the prior owner has added a rear wheel hugger & why the factory did not is beyond me for they did so on the 954.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Damn, I love that paint scheme! :dblthumb

You Europeans get all the cool shit!!! :twofinger

·
Registered
791 Posts
Smitty said:
Also get a set of frame sliders for when that bike accidently hits the ground the extra thin ABS plastic is really fragile.

ABS = ???

I think u shoulda left the tank cover thing on. still looks good thouigh. I never heard of a firebird before. Some chic told me she rides a strada.... never heard of that before either.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
The new bike is damn nice but I can't help loving the '98. If the nose were updated a bit, the '98 would be my first choice (if both performed the same in a perfect world). Maybe its just the paint on the '98. I kinda like the older tail too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts