Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling the Katana to a buddy of mine, so I'm in the market for something else, since I'll be riding with my "Iron butt" brother who rides a 500 miles on a "short trip", it needs to be something dual purpose(sport,touring), so right now I'm looking @ 2 different bikes....
1. BMW K1200RS
2. Ducati 900 ST2
What do you all think? I really hate the thought of leaving the sportbike scene behind, so I don't want a Goldwing or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i like the BMW K1200RS. I always say to myself if i hit the lottery i would buy one for long trips. then i say to myself, "nah, i'll just put a set of saddlebags on a busa and set it up for a long, comfortable ride." i would look into that if you really want a bike to tour on but is still a sportbike. i think i have heard that the busa is classified as a sport-tourer by insurance companies but i am not positive so don't take my word for it.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
if you have the money to be looking at beamers or the duc, id say wait for this puppy. 160 to the crank, 50:50 wieght distribution ratio, and good ole BMW abs.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'd look at a Ducati Multistrada.. but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i totally forgot about the ducati multistrada. i was drooling over the ad i saw just yesterday. i'd take one of those too... actually, i'd take alot of bikes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kranok said:
if you have the money to be looking at beamers or the duc, id say wait for this puppy. 160 to the crank, 50:50 wieght distribution ratio, and good ole BMW abs.
I'm siked about that bike coming out, it's def. gonna be a badass, I don't have the money for something brand new both of the bikes I'm looking at are used. I guess I could buy one or the other brand new, but I'm wanting a new car in Sept. and can't afford everything. :boid

·
Registered
524 Posts
If I was going to do anything over 200 miles in a day I would leave the MC at home at ride one of these.

Currently I can only last 350 miles tops a day on my zx9 and the body needs a thai massage and an hour in the hottub.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Aprilia Futura......no questions. Plenty of 'spoprt' and a comfy tourer(comes with hard cases). Around 9k for a used one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts