Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a ? Im sure one of you can answer.I currently have an r6 but id like to upgrade to a newer model. 0 miles new. Im in minnesota. My question is what is a good otd price for a new model or even a year old new. Ive never bought brand new so any input would be appreciated. Oh and ill be keeping my current bike and I will be paying cash

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
What are you looking at? A new model what? Race rep? Which make and model?

Data data data. We cannot make bricks without clay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I meant to say a newer model r6. 2011-2013 from a dealership with 0 miles. Out the door price if im paying in cash that day

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I keep being told that you can get the last years model new for ridiculously cheap... like 8500-9000 cheap in minnesota. I have a hard time believing that and id really like a good idea of what price to negotiate at. For any of the years I listef if you have any experience or knowledge in the matter. Thanks a lot! Sorry for the run-on sentence...lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did yamaha come out with a new model of the R6 just like how kawasaki did with the new 636? Am I missing something? Is there a reason to get a newer R6 model? Just curious. So you would be willing to essentially buy the same bike but just a newer model?

·
Registered
357 Posts
The 2008 r6 is already a pretty wicked bike; why not spend some bucks on upgrades and tuning rather than buy the same bike (although marginally better) again? Or spend a few extra grand, sell your bike and get a Suzuki gsxr 750.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I'm new and own a 250 so I don't know much. But I do read alot and have grown a super interest in bikes in the past year. The R6 has been the same since 2006 has it not?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two reasons for wanting a new one. Mine currently has very high mileage and when I do get a new one my girlfriend gets the old one. Plus ive always wanted one thats "unmolested" by other owners. Thats not a good reason though...honestly if I could find an 08 with no miles thats what id go with...lol

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
The only real way to know about prices is to go to the dealer and talk to them see what they are advertising, make an offer of 1000-1500 less then advertised price. Bikes are not like cars where you can ask for 5000 less, the mark up on bikes are not very high, unless you are buying a harley. I worked at a dealer a few years back and employee price was about 10% above cost, which was saving about 2000 from sticker.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Might be able to get one REAL CHEAP!

Yamaha unveils three-cylinder, crossplane-crank motor, say's it'll go in a road bike | Hell for Leather Hell for Leather

No dealer will want to get caught with an older R6 in a crate when the new crossplane 600 triple hits the floor. I luv my FZ-6 but the thought of a crossplane triple 600 just dazzles me,:cheshire

Yamaha will own the SS class, which is as it should be. Now I just have to hope Spiegler is working on a handlebar conversion kit so I don't have to ride around in the brokeback mountain position.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Yeah I'm new and own a 250 so I don't know much. But I do read alot and have grown a super interest in bikes in the past year. The R6 has been the same since 2006 has it not?
yes and no. it looks pretty much the same but there has been some changes.
the 06 and 07 are the same. there was a revised engine mod done to the oil passages in 08. the 06 and 07 were blowing up bottom ends on the race track a lot.
they've changed the body work slightly over the years too. just refinements not any real changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My friend has an 07 and we both thought my 08 seemed considerably more aggressive as far as ergos and a small amoit more powerful, but that could be due to the add ons....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts