Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New bike in the near future!! UPDATE!!

Here lately I have been looking at a b***** bike, more importantly a pure SS. My g/f just told me that once we get done re-modeling the house we can start to save for a new bike!! Any suggestions?? I mainly just cruise around and like the twisties and I have been riding since I was 5 y/o and I am 30 now. Let me hear what you think folks! Updated!

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Hrm, 1000rr if you want a liter bike. If not, maybe a 600RR or ZX6R?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welllll. I'm going to have to point you towards an fz6, obviously. Not a try SS setup, more upright, less ass up in the air. Good for just tool'in around and still Awsome in the twistys.
Detuned R6 motor, Under the seat exhaust, 85-90hp. Go test ride one, you'll love it.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
What kind of riding do you do? Mainly highway, local, twisty stuff, putt around....? There is a bike for every type of riding.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hams51 said:
What kind of riding do you do? Mainly highway, local, twisty stuff, putt around....? There is a bike for every type of riding.

I do mostly local and twisty stuff. I still like to do some 2 hour rides and such, it mainly just depends on my schedule. I had a 4 day weekend this past weekend and all 4 days rode for a few hours each day plus Tenn. has mostly twisty roads and it's fun to lean, even my Katana will lean pretty good here.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
If you want a good hard core racer with some style, I might suggest an RC45. Also check out the Aprillias.

More in line with what you have, a sport tourer, how about something like the FJ Yamaha? There are so many cool bikes, you should just hit a mega dealer and check out as many as you can.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Rc45 were Honda's older mean machine. v-four racebikes with magniziam cases and all the bells and whistles. SWEEEEET bikes, and not for the faint of wrist. :D

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
BMW K1200S

rode with a guy up in San Jose over the weekend that had one it did just fine in the canyons....i know it comes down to rider but it was very tight twisties and he was abusing some of the faster 600's in the group...

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I have an R1 and love it(power delivery is insane and it is the best looking literbike out there!), but if you are not willing to go that dramatic, step up in Suzuki to the GSX-R750. It is probably the best overall bike out there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I def wouldn't get a 1000....since you like to do more twisties 600 class would be more fun for that. Also you seem to stay on the bike and like longer rides. If comfort is not an issue I would say any of the current 600 class (I'm kawi biased).

If comfort is a more important to you I highly suggest the new Kawisaki ZZR600 - formerly known as the 00-02 ZX6r. This is a great all around bike. It is not as SS as the 05 ZX6r but it was a SS a few yrs ago. The only thing its carbed. If you want the same style but FI then i suggest the F4i (but i have no experience with hondas)

Good Luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
RC45's were slugs... the RC30 was a much better bike all around & neither of them put out as much performance for the dollar as the RC51...

Still though I cannot say enough about the 1000RR It's an exceptional streetbike & once modded properly the only excuse left is the rider...

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
Have you looked at a yzf600r? I guess you could throw them in between an r6 and a fz6. It's a mean looking bike that also offers comfort. And it can carve with the best of them!

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
Or if you dont ride like your part of rogueracing, have a cbr1000rr, an rc51 or a 919rr. I was just simply stating that the bike has some performance capabilities. No need to be a smartass, duck

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far what I have found that I like is the RC51, 1000RR, 600RR and any of the GSX-Rs. I had considered a Busa but not sure if there is enough areas around here to let the big dog eat. I also liked the ZX-12 in black. Tonight is bike night at the local Hooters and right down the road is a Honda/Yammy dealer, thought I might check them out while I was there. I checked out the Aprillas but shit!! A lot of money for one of those. I rode a buddy's R1 and liked it, but it had been wrecked at 110 mph and rode a little funny.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You folks are great! Keep the suggestions coming!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts