Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a different bike and not many people know about it around here yet. Today I got pulled over for reckless (dragging a peg in a turn) and before I had my helmet off I was told I was going to jail and my bike was being towed. Fortunately it was a cop I knew and when I got my helmet off he said "I didn't know you got a new bike!" Unfortunately the camera in his cruiser was running so he had to give me a ticket for having expired tags on the bike which isn't a big deal in AR since I just have to show at court with a bill of sale less than 30 days old. Can it really be considered reckless dragging a peg going like 10mph? It was a right hand turn with no stop sign I thought I was well within the legal limits.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
wait. what do you mean by "dragging a peg". As in you weremaking such a tight turn that the pegs were literally touching the car? I think there's absolutely no way you can do that going 10mph without dropping the bike?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride an EX500 and my peg was touching the ground as I came around the corner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It started as a slow turn around 10mph and I accelerated to around 25 which was the speed limit on that road as I was rounding the corner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally I think it was a bullshit charge had I recieved it and I will ask him about it the next time he is in the clubhouse of my dad's apartment building out of uniform.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts