Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm riding on the island today enjoying the weather and blue skies when I figured "Its 1230 and I'm hungry as hell". So I pull into this awesome place on the beach called Sliders in Fernandina. I pull my bike up to the motorcycle parking section which was squared off by orange cones and designated for bikes only. I was upstairs at the sports bar section eating lunch and after 45 mins I paid and left to go ride some more. I came outside where the bike section is near the Valet Parking attendants and found that my bike was moved from the parking spot and turn around and moved 4 feet closer to the handicap section. When I walked to Valet and asked if who moved my bike they said "We did, it was in the way near the walk way and we put a sign that said that this section was full". I asked them how they did this when the handle bars were locked and in gear and they said they popped my clutch and moved it in a left hand circle to where it was. I would like everyone reading this right now to be aware of one thing which is that when I pulled the bike in, it was slightly uphill. Now if you move it 180 degrees, it's slightly downhill. I told them they should have come and got me and I would have moved it. They said read the sign they taped on a cone. I told them, "post the damn sign facing the street so we can read it and redirect bikes to another spot then. Just don't touch someone's ride". As soon as I walked over to my bike I put my helmet on the seat,,,,, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. As soon as it touched, the bike rolled forward because it was no slightly downward in angle and the kick stand moved back and gave way. The bike falls to the left and my left leg took the fall as I was trying to catch it. I now have my left leg trapped and my arms are pushing the bike up. Just then one valet guy came and held the handle bars while I got it stable and checked my leg. Fortunately for me, the gear lever and left foot peg was the only thing scratched. Nothing else damaged because my leg was clipped holding it up sideways. They are lucky has hell I have no damage but now my knee is killing me. From now on I'm putting a caliper lock on at every stop. I also need my alarm to arrive which I ordered so I can get that installed. That would have helped mitigate this issue.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Another thing which would mitigate the issues in this topic is called paragraphing.
Jesus H Christ.

Reactions: jk750

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah that's not cool touching your bike without your permission or knowledge of it. You handled it much better then I would have. And then to add injury to insult..

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Also, it was definitely poor form on their part. if you are parked there, you are a patron. and therefore, a simple call to "the guy with the crotch rocket" inside the building to please move his bike would have been advisable.

Reactions: cshrum

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, it was definitely poor form on their part. if you are parked there, you are a patron. and therefore, a simple call to "the guy with the crotch rocket" inside the building to please move his bike would have been advisable.
Yep, I told them "all you had to do was look for the only guy with a helmet." Every other bike at the place was a Harley. I'm calling George the owner when he gets back into town. I touched up the gear lever and foot peg with paint just now. My knee however is starting to hurt like a mother F

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
So I'm riding on the island today enjoying the weather and blue skies when I figured "Its 1230 and I'm hungry as hell". So I pull into this awesome place on the beach called Sliders in Fernandina. I pull my bike up to the motorcycle parking section which was squared off by orange cones and designated for bikes only.

I was upstairs at the sports bar section eating lunch and after 45 mins I paid and left to go ride some more. I came outside where the bike section is near the Valet Parking attendants and found that my bike was moved from the parking spot and turn around and moved 4 feet closer to the handicap section. When I walked to Valet and asked if who moved my bike they said "We did, it was in the way near the walk way and we put a sign that said that this section was full". I asked them how they did this when the handle bars were locked and in gear and they said they popped my clutch and moved it in a left hand circle to where it was.

I would like everyone reading this right now to be aware of one thing which is that when I pulled the bike in, it was slightly uphill. Now if you move it 180 degrees, it's slightly downhill. I told them they should have come and got me and I would have moved it. They said read the sign they taped on a cone. I told them, "post the damn sign facing the street so we can read it and redirect bikes to another spot then. Just don't touch someone's ride". As soon as I walked over to my bike I put my helmet on the seat,,,,, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. As soon as it touched, the bike rolled forward because it was no slightly downward in angle and the kick stand moved back and gave way. The bike falls to the left and my left leg took the fall as I was trying to catch it.

I now have my left leg trapped and my arms are pushing the bike up. Just then one valet guy came and held the handle bars while I got it stable and checked my leg. Fortunately for me, the gear lever and left foot peg was the only thing scratched. Nothing else damaged because my leg was clipped holding it up sideways. They are lucky has hell I have no damage but now my knee is killing me. From now on I'm putting a caliper lock on at every stop. I also need my alarm to arrive which I ordered so I can get that installed. That would have helped mitigate this issue.
Sorry, I couldn't read it as it was.

Reactions: jk750

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
That sucks, but if the bike is parked facing downhill you should be more careful when leaving, regardless of who put it there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts