Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this ad about a new beer called Budweiser American Ale. At first I was thinking ...hey, maybe they are finally going to make a tasty beer with flavor and everything...I was very anxious to try it.

My second thought was...uh...an American ale eh? Didn't you just sell out to a Belgian buyer? Strange.,..but I can get over that if the beer is of a quality I can appreciate....ie hoppy and/or actual malty tones rather than fizz water like Bud "heavy"...I'm just looking for a little bit of character in my beer. It really isn't very hard. Sam Adams and countless others seem to do it pretty well. I can even make a nice flavorful beer fairly easily.

So, I found this write up while looking for more information...haha the Ibu is only listed as 25-28 :bitchslap...I'm sure I will drink it at some point, but it's not what I was hoping for...I know there are a lot of americans that really don't like real beer, and that is why light beers and bud do so well...but shit, some of us want the flavor....sorry for the mini-rant, but I take my beer drinking is srs bzns:beer....ah hell, who am I kidding can't wait to try this junk.

Budweiser American Ale rolls out next month: An interview with the brewer - What’s On Tap - The California Craft Beer Blog by William Brand

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Have not heard of it.... will have to give it a shot the next time i'm at the store.

Anyone else that HAS tried it?

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not out until september 15 in kegs and the end of the month for bottles iirc..

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice to know its about time that they started making real beer here in the good ol USA instead of importing the good stuff:beer

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
nice to know its about time that they started making real beer here in the good ol USA instead of importing the good stuff:beer
there are countless micro breweries in this country that make beer the will put that budwiser shit to back of the fridge.

·
Spider Monkey Invasion
1,316 Posts
Yup...the public can't get it's hands on it until the 15th...
We already have kegs in stock.

And yes...judging by your tastes in malted hops libations, Thomas shall be disappointed.

But it ain't horrible.

The Sam Adams Coffee Stout is awful tasty stuff to...

Wish we carried alot more of the small brewery stuff.

Boner: Be that as it may, there will always be the unwashed masses who swear by their Budweiser. And while we few, we band of brothers tend to have better taste, I will happily force Bud Select down my gullet if the boss is telling us to clear the kegs after a staff meeting...

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like rogue..all their stuff I have had is top notch. As with any good beer, it is costly though. I really like reed ale...that is what I brew at home. Murphy's is tough to beat, but Red Seal is pretty damn good...among others..

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup...the public can't get it's hands on it until the 15th...
We already have kegs in stock.

And yes...judging by your tastes in malted hops libations, Thomas shall be disappointed.

But it ain't horrible.

The Sam Adams Coffee Stout is awful tasty stuff to...

Wish we carried alot more of the small brewery stuff.

Boner: Be that as it may, there will always be the unwashed masses who swear by their Budweiser. And while we few, we band of brothers tend to have better taste, I will happily force Bud Select down my gullet if the boss is telling us to clear the kegs after a staff meeting...

yeah I do drink bud regular...and a lot of it...but I do so because it is about all I can get around here without going all the way to ames...My selection here is bud, bud lt, miller,miller lite, and it goes downhill from there..but it is a very limited selection..all we have is a casey's...

I just finished off some sammy's, so I got my hops in for the day, now I shall get the wonderful taste rinsed out with bud "heavy"...blech!...I gotta get some brews going again. oh yeah, I tried that select and wow I would have to be really hurting to drink that....even if it were free, I mean I'd have to be damned thirsty..

haha forgot why I quoted...sammy is good stuff lol...I like the stouts too:cheers ...I'm pretty sure I have had the sam adams stout...as I think I've probably tried every brew within a 1000mile radius..:cheers...somebody had an oatmeal stout that was really tasty...I thought about trying my hand at brewing a stout...

Oh another one if you get rich sometime....jumpin' geezus it was potent as hell...but the sam adams triple bock...it looks and pours kind of like a lumpy black syrup...it's about thick enough to chew on but wow what a brew. At $6 for a bottle though, I wouldn't be having much more of that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Got a recipe for a chocolate cake using the sammy stout, makes a damn good cake.

·
Venomous Duck
2,890 Posts
Sam Adams Triple Bock...had one last night, damn it's delicious

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
bud heavy last I knew was still the number one beer in the world. So its not just shitty americans that like it.

·
Spider Monkey Invasion
1,316 Posts
You sir (and I use the term loosely like your anus!) are correct. :twofinger

·
Venomous Duck
2,890 Posts
bud heavy last I knew was still the number one beer in the world. So its not just shitty americans that like it.
You are correct...BUT, have you ever had a Budweiser over seas? It does not taste the same.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are the HD of the beer world. It's called brilliant marketing. Just as HD has some of the crappiest bikes, AB has some of the worst beer. Both companies have extraordinary marketing/product placement. AB has hands down the best and cheapest logistics to get product to market. This has a bearing on all those numbers. I can't fault them for kickass marketing, just for the weak ass product. :twofinger....again, they are doing something right, but it isn't the beer recipe.

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
Ive gotten into IPA's lately. Thunderhead is one of my fav's. I call them Thunder Nuts because they will put u on your ass. Almost 7%.

And im on a Hefewizen kick too. But I cannot wait until Sam Adams Winter Lager comes back out. It's one of my favorite beers of all time. I'd like to think that I have a pretty good taste in beer for a 20yr old.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dig ipa's too, that's the best for hops...michelob even has a new ipa...among others they are now offering. I haven't found them around here yet though.

I don't know if I have had thunderhead, but dogfish is good, boulevard, raccoon river, hell I haven't met an ipa I didn't like.

·
Registered
377 Posts
one word.. Yuengling

American made since 1829, America's oldest... Good luck getting it out in Iowa though, it's made in PA ..

-=<> Aaron <>=-

1 - 20 of 50 Posts