Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Saweet!!! Great colour choice. The seat height seems pretty low like the previous models. How does she handle?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Man, that is pimp as hell. For some reason i thought they had center stands.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Dude, that thing is sawwweeeetttt :dblthumb

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys

BMW cars are made to HANDLE and be luxury. I.E. a lexus isolates you from the road and the world.....BMW makes you APPART of the road while also pampering your bottom

This bike is much the same. If you select SPORT on the ride control it's very tight...rough almost, but you feel everything. NORMAL is a good mix...like My blackbird...COMFORT is like riding a lay-z-boy :phatyo

On any of the settings it handles great and FEELS like a long 600SS

All the weight is in the lower half so it really is nothing to transition from side to side

Hard as hell to wheelie...it'll do a burnout before it rises unless you give it a yank (but that was the demo...not mine)

Ca$h said:
For some reason i thought they had center stands.
Mine will at the 600 mile service. I ordered one (it's an option)

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
That's the best pics I've seen of that bike. Looks real good. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
That IS a nice looking bike. What is the asking price on one of those?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sweet bike

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Congrats on the new bike Troy.A friend of mine bought a silver one a few weeks back and said they are hard to come by.Is that so?

He won't let me ride it though,say's I don't know how to stay off the gas.

·
ZRX Pilot
419 Posts
Very sweey, like the color alot. :)

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Justin726 said:
What is the asking price on one of those?

Starts at $15800

Heated grips:$200
ESA: $950
ABS: $990
Security: $300
Center Stand $250
Luggage rack: $150
Tinted Screen: $100

Mine retailed at over $18500 plus side bags....and typically YES they are hard to come by. The R I ordered was going to be more than 3 months away :rolleyes This one HAPPENED to be there.

Also, the S is BMW's HOTTEST seller right now and this dealer has sold 14 S models and 7 R models in the last 6 months.....so it's hard as hell to GET one...harder to KEEP it.

He had a DEMO S model (grey) and made me a great deal on IT because #1 he felt bad because he told me no less than 60 days initially #2 it was the demo but at the last second I switched it to the brand new blue. And he was cool and honored the same deal :banana

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
CasterTroy said:
This bike is much the same. If you select SPORT on the ride control it's very tight...rough almost, but you feel everything. NORMAL is a good mix...like My blackbird...COMFORT is like riding a lay-z-boy :phatyo
great bike!

my m3 had that sport mode button...except it didnt change the suspension, it was like a little afterburner that when you pushed it the car jumped like you had dug spurs into its side. it was jedi mind trick though, it just remapped the fly-by-wire throttle. I think this ride control is much more useful, dont have to bust out the screwdriver to mess with suspension settings...changes it in real time? very nice feature.

I'm glad to see bmw still lures you in with the sticker and then proceeds to nickel and dime you with costly options. still a beautiful bike I sat on one of these at the dealer, I liked it a lot so much lighter compared to the usual bimmer pigs. I'll stick with the lightweight supersports, but if I was in the market for an open-classer I would be insane not to consider this one.

that rear light has got to go though, a small detail but IMHO it looks like a baboon's ass.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Nice bike.. have fun and ride safe.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
That is one sweet ride! BMW builds awesome bikes- have fun and be safe.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Damn, nice bike Caster! Looks like a fitting replacement for the Blackbird.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts