Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bike/Bass Master
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers I had a new Avon tire installed today on the rear. Went with the Sport Touring hoping to get better mileage than the stock Dumblop (5,700). I know some of you had less life with your stock tire than I did but I don't ride it like I stole it. Didn't have any cords showing but with the recent rear blowout and death @ Bikeweek had me nervous. Headed to Daytona this weekend, only eighty miles away,didn't replace the front yet it still has a lot of tread on it. I'll change the front before Deal's Gap @ end of April. Thanks to all that praised the Avon I hope it will last for me. My butt really hurts from the price, don't know if I was raped but I feel like it. Okay here ya go...$205.00(U.S.) out the door. Bikeweek here I come, Happy TRAILS

·
NOT SURE
1,003 Posts
I wonder if those that got such low mileage from stock tires are strickly riding straight and wearing out the center of the tire. If that's the case, ride some twisties for a change. I'm on my second set of stock Bridgestone Battlax BT020 with 10,000 miles and plenty more to go.

But... while the Bridgestones may last for me, I'm definatley interested in better gripping tires. Keep me posted - thanks.

·
Bike/Bass Master
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My FZ came with Dunlops. I live in Florida so yes A LOT of STRAIGHT roads. I only have one twisty road on my way to work in a residential area and I prob. can't call it a Twisty 'cause it's only about a half mile long.Yes the center was slick and the sides still looked
meaty. Hope the avon works for me but if you got 10,000 out of Bridges I'm all over THAT ! Ride safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts