Sport Bikes banner

New 2014 Ninja 1000 ABS

20K views 70 replies 16 participants last post by  ZZRrocket 
#1 ·
Put a deposit down on a new 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS in Candy Cascade Blue. Will be picking her up in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
Just pulled the tr***** on the Kawasaki Gel Seats for $263.95 from superbiketoystore.com. Everyone else wanted $324.95 for the same seats. That's $263.95 for both seats. They look really nice and comfortable compared to the stock ones.

Attachments

#32 ·
My Givi T443 Inner Bags for the Givi V35 Side Cases came today. Now I will be able to pack clothes and other small things in them and all of my stuff won't fall out each time I open the side cases.

I have one other problem I need to figure out. My fiberglass tent poles are to long to fit into the Givi side cases. Been researching the internet to see how others are carrying tent poles on their motorcycles.

Attachments

#36 ·
David has the same issue. Strap them on the outside, they are AL and will not rust, or put them in a dry bag with the tent and rainfly...

#34 ·
Phil do happen to know the name of the site for to tent poles?

#38 ·
Installed the RAM ball on the clutch clamp yesterday. Drilled a hole in the dash panel for Powerlet cigarette lighter plug. Ran the GPS wires, battery tender pig tail. Heated gear pig tail. Installed PIAA extreme white H7 bulbs. And popped on my really cool looking black Driven sprocket nuts.

Attachments

#39 ·
more pics

Attachments

#45 ·
Everything is hooked up via a Twisted Throttle Power Hub. The GPS and Heated gear are running on a switched connection through the power hub. Which means they only operate while the bike is running. The Cigarette lighter plug in and the Battery Tender plug in are connected to the power hub using a constant power connection. This means they are always on. For the battery tender it means I can charge the battery and the cigarette lighter plug in can be used to run an air pump, charge my cellphone or my SENA Bluetooth unit without the bike running. The entire power hub has a 30 AMP fuse in the positive lead and each one of the four things has its own fuse in the power hub which is either in the switched or constant power position. I had five things running off the battery and the alternator on the 2006 ZZR600 that I owned. GPS, Radar detector, battery tender, heated gear, cigarette plug in. Never had an issue. Never had any issue with charging my cellphone using the cigarette lighter plug in.

http://static.twisted-throttle.net/media/files/instructions_PowerHub_ELC.00.20000_rev00.pdf

#46 ·
My new lid just arrived a few minutes ago.....

Attachments

#47 ·
New gel seats arrived yesterday morning. The passenger seat adds a nice touch with the "Ninja" embossment. Going for a very long ride today to test them out.

Attachments

#49 ·
Rode about 275 miles yesterday. The new gel seat compared to the stock seat. Gel seat won hands downs. The stock seat is like sitting on a 2 X 4. Finally broke 500 miles on the bike yesterday. Time to change the oil and filter.

#52 ·
Did the 500 mile oil and filter change this morning. The filter and the drain plug are located very nicely so I didn't need to remove any plastics to do the oil and filter change. The Ninja 1000 uses the exact same filter as the ZZR600. K&N KN-303, changed the oil with one 17mm socket. Rode about 150 miles today in the heat and got rained on the last 3 miles on my way home. Sure did feel good with the mesh gear I was wearing.

#55 ·
At the General Store in Rabbit Hash, Kentucky this past Sunday before it opened. The store has been there since 1831.

Attachments

Reactions: PCHbreeze
#57 ·
This region is considered the "Midwest", although Kentucky is considered as part of the south. Northern Kentucky along the Ohio river has some pretty good roads with scenery of the Ohio river, which is where Rabbit Hash, KY is located. About 45 minutes from where I live in Indiana.

#59 ·
Set up at Lake Haven Retreat Campground in Indianapolis, Indiana for my 7th Indy MotoGP in row August 8, 9, 10. It was a great weekend with my good friend rayzzr.

Attachments

#60 ·
Finally got around to installing my R&G stainless steel radiator guard this weekend. Started the install on my new TomTom Rider GPS, need to run the power cable. I'll do that when I install my Oxford heated grips next weekend. Michelin Road Pilot 4's arrived yesterday. Going to work getting them changed next weekend. Also need to do an oil and filter change. The begging of the 2015 riding season is shaping up nicely. Can't wait to get back in the seat. I hate winter!

#61 ·
Did an oil and filter change today. Also installed the set of Oxford heated grips that I picked last black Friday from Revzilla.com for $39.95, installed them today along with my new TomTom Rider GPS. Pretty sweet!

Attachments

#63 ·
I took my wheels and new tires to the shop yesterday. Went with Michelin Road Pilot 4's. Those Bridgestones were crap. Also had a pair of right angle valve stems installed that I picked up. The bike is all back together and ready to go. I did order a triple tree nut that fits the Kawasaki Concurs C14. This nut will also fit the Ninja 1000 triple tree from motorcyclelarry.com. The nut will except a 1 inch RAM ball. This will make a much sturdier platform for my new GPS. Its hopefully going to be nice next Sunday and I'm riding! You better get that cover off of her and brush off all the spider webs:eek:nfloor

#65 ·
Rode about 150 miles on Sunday to scuff in the new Michelin Road Pilot 4's. Totally different bike with quality tires installed. :banana

#66 ·
Updated list of mods and accessories on the 2014 Ninja 1000 ABS as of 04-09-2016.

* Pazzo Levers shorty brake, long clutch.
* HVMP 13.9 oz bar ends.
* R&G swing arm spools.
* R&G Racing Stainless Steel Radiator Guard
* Triple Tree Nut for a Kawasaki C14 with RAM Ball mount for TomTom Rider GPS.
* Powerlet 12V cigarette plugin.
* SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Side carrier rack system for Givi V35 PLX cases.
* GIVI V35 Monokey Side Cases.
* MRA double bubble windscreen with MRA Vario Spoiler installed.
* PIAA 17155 H7 Xtreme White Plus Bulbs.
* Kawasaki Gel Seats.
* Tech Spec Tank Pads.
* Twisted Throttle Power Hub.
* Oxford Heated Grips
* Moto-D Oil Filler Cap.
* Moto-D Magnetic Oil Drain Plug.
* Moto-D Right Angle Valve Stems.
* K&N KN-303 Oil Filter.
* Mobil 1 4T Full Synthetic Oil.
* Michelin Road Pilot 4 tires, 190-55R-17 rear
* OEM Kawasaki tail bag.
* Carbon Fiber Gas Cap Cover from "Skur".
* Carbon Fiber Gas Tank Protector.
* SuperSprox Stealth Sprocket in "Blue".
* RK Racing Chain "gold".
* Radar detector.

#67 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.