Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, I'm a dude. Sorry guys, couldn't resist.

Well I have been lurking around the forums for a couple months now, usually sitting in the back quietly just watching and absorbing the wealth of knowledge that is SBN. But I bought my GS500F today and figured it was time to jump in and start contributing what little I can.

I have all my gear already and I'm already scheduled to take the next MSF course in my area and I can't wait. I am 21 and currently studying to be an IT technician but I work a part time job to help pay the bills right now.

I have TONS of questions, and I'm sure as I start riding more I'll have even more questions, but instead of asking them all right now I think I'm gonna head over and see whats new in the Cubby Hole.

:twofinger See ya round guys.

Oh, since I have seen enough to know it's pointless to mention a new bike without pics, here ya go...

Can't wait to start tinkering with her.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Welcome to SBN!! I predict many hits for this thread. Nice bike. Ask all the questions you want, but realize there is a search function on SBN. :)

·
Official SBN token hunter
2,115 Posts
Hopefully you have more gear than what's in your avatar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully you have more gear than what's in your avatar.
Gear? isn't that just for people that are too slow to speed through traffic? I mean if I pass them before they know I'm there, they can't hit me right?

Actually, yeah I have everything already. Some online Motorcycle supply store was have a sale about a month ago so I got all my gear then. Ever tried to explain to someone why you have a helmet when they know you don't have bike... "...is that a motorcycle helmet?..." "yep" "...but you don't have a motorcycle..." "....yep" "..."

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pink grapics shim!!!! Welocme aboard
LMAO! Yeah, the camera in my phone isn't the best by any means. It's actually red. There will be better pictures soon. I have a whole list of modifications I'm going to do to it and will be posting pictures as it progresses.

Most are small tweaks but some are quite extensive but most I can do myself without having to pay for parts and labor. And for the modifications that will cost me money, well I only payed 2,500 for the bike its self so I figured I saved enough money to put a little money back into it.

Not going to spend a fortune though, I don't plan on riding the GS forever.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to SBN.. enjoy the site.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Hey, welcome!

Your only like 50 miles from me, I go to gainesville all the time to go to the bookstores and such, I also plan to start at Santa Fe hopefully sometime soon, gotta see about student aid and such.

we should ride man.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hey, welcome!

Your only like 50 miles from me, I go to gainesville all the time to go to the bookstores and such, I also plan to start at Santa Fe hopefully sometime soon, gotta see about student aid and such.

we should ride man.
Word! I actually live in High Springs, which is in between Lake City and G-Ville. And yeah dude, give me a little time to practice a little more and actually get my motorcycle license (the MSF is booked full till mid October) And we'll go hit some sweet twisties! ....if there are any in the state of Florida......

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Welcome and don't trust that creepy nightfall:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts