Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to anyone around! I love this bike. Just traded in a FZ6 for it and I'm very happy I did. The Yamaha was a great bike, but this is whole different world! :D

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Congrats scanevalexec. I've been debating on selling my gsxr and getting a sport touring bike. I've narrowed it down to the ZRX and the Z1000. I think I'm going to have to ride them both before I decide.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jake said:
Congrats scanevalexec. I've been debating on selling my gsxr and getting a sport touring bike. I've narrowed it down to the ZRX and the Z1000. I think I'm going to have to ride them both before I decide.

You might find the Z1000 more to your liking after owning a GSXR. It is lighter and handles better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats! The ZRX1200R is my second bike and one thing's for sure - it's torquey! Great low and mid-range power always available when u need it. What color did u get?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I own a Z750 (same seat as Z1000), my husband owns a ZREX. And I can tell you from first hand experience, the ZREX is a LOT more comfortable in the seat then my Z. :)

Miki

·
Registered
200 Posts
I guess the SO of CMikimoto?? Hi!!

Got a Scott's Damper on order. I'm trying to get set of tail lifters from WildHair. They fit under the shocks (bolt on spacers) to give the ass end some lift. I can't do rearsets cause they kill my legs. Hopefully with those and the damper and I'm gonna recut my seat, it'll allow me to lean more. The peg dragging is bad even with the eccentric flipped! :( See you guys at the Rally!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nice new ride. Let us know how she handles and how you like it. Which we know you will. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Go with the Z1000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZRX1200R absolutely rules

ncpartsguy said:
Go with the Z1000.
Go with the ZRX1200R - it rules the earth dudez.

I love my bike. It carves, it wheelies, it looks old school - damn, it even looks old fashioned kind of - not for the sportz boyz. No plastic, no fuel injection, no special leg folding required, and you can ride for miles and miles on the stock seat. If they made a touring package for this bike it would be 100% perfect for me. And I can take on 90% of the sports bikes on the road.

Yeah, I love it man. :popcorn

But then again, I think most people really love their bike, so sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings claiming mine is the god of bikes (that it is).

·
Registered
394 Posts
scanevalexec said:
Hey to anyone around! I love this bike. Just traded in a FZ6 for it and I'm very happy I did. The Yamaha was a great bike, but this is whole different world! :D
How about a long term follow-up? How's the bike working out for you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to purchase a zrx 1200r, 2001 model in a few weeks. Have to sell my Dodge Ram 1500 first.

With 16,000 miles and great condition (except needs both tires) is $5,000 a decent price? Green.

Bob

·
Registered
394 Posts
Man I can't wait! I pick up my used 05' Z-Rex on Monday... it has 92 miles on it. The guy is selling it ONLY because he bought himself a new Triumph Rocket III which rules the world of torque! I've read so much positive remarks about the Z-Rex though that I can't imagine WHY anyone would sell it??

·
ZRX Pilot
419 Posts
EA6BMECH said:
www.zrxoa.com/forums Come check out our crew... :cool:

Ditto, check it out. :)

·
ZRX Pilot
419 Posts
bob agee said:
Looking to purchase a zrx 1200r, 2001 model in a few weeks. Have to sell my Dodge Ram 1500 first.

With 16,000 miles and great condition (except needs both tires) is $5,000 a decent price? Green.

Bob

A bit high for me with that many miles, I picked up my 01 with 2490 on it for 4k

1 - 20 of 24 Posts